FAS Open Bar and Soda package

hi, family of 4, will have 2 adjoining cabins, 1 adult and one minor in each cabin. Will the 2 minors have to have the soda package because the adults will have the FAS open bar package?

4 minutes ago, JennafurC said:

Will we have to pay full price for it, or just the gratuity? 

Just the gratuity.  The soda package gratuity is $1.99 per person per day.

A side effect should be that you will get specialty dining for two for both cabins (and two sets of internet minutes).  Feed the kids in the buffet and then drop them off when the kids program opens and the adults do the specialty meal.

9 minutes ago, curmudgeon98 said:

A side effect should be that you will get specialty dining for two for both cabins (and two sets of internet minutes).  Feed the kids in the buffet and then drop them off when the kids program opens and the adults do the specialty meal.

yes! I do like that we'll get 4 of everything. My minors will be 17 and 19 lol, there's no dropping them off anywhere....But I'll see them for a few minutes a day if I bump into them lol 🙂 

50 minutes ago, curmudgeon98 said:

I think there’s a misstatement here.  Yes, each person will get two meals, but they are tied to the passenger.  The parents can’t use the kids FAS meals.  The kids use them or they’re lost.  At least that’s my understanding.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

I think there’s a misstatement here.  Yes, each person will get two meals, but they are tied to the passenger.  The parents can’t use the kids FAS meals.  The kids use them or they’re lost.  At least that’s my understanding.  

I'm no NCL expert, but my impression is that as long as the reservation is made in the name of the adult officially listed to the cabin, nobody is going to care who is the 2nd guest.  Corrections are welcome, though, as the situation may come up with a family group this year.    

1 minute ago, curmudgeon98 said:

I'm no NCL expert, but my impression is that as long as the reservation is made in the name of the adult officially listed to the cabin, nobody is going to care who is the 2nd guest.  Corrections are welcome, though, as the situation may come up with a family group this year.    

That’s correct with a Latitudes meal that you get for Platinum.  They are meals for two and it doesn’t matter who you take as a guest.

But if you’re using the FAS meals, it is individual.  They will take the cards for everyone to make sure they all had the package (and meals left on the package).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, curmudgeon98 said:

As @Russiamomm says, that is incorrect. In speciality restaurants you "pay" with you keycard. I'm usually solo, but it is my understanding that each guest provide their keycard when it's time to pay. I don't know if they check if it's the right person holding the keycard, but they sure can!

4 hours ago, Asawi said:

As @Russiamomm says, that is incorrect. In speciality restaurants you "pay" with you keycard. I'm usually solo, but it is my understanding that each guest provide their keycard when it's time to pay. I don't know if they check if it's the right person holding the keycard, but they sure can!

Not advocating for this but they have always only asked for one room card when "paying".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Not advocating for this but they have always only asked for one room card when "paying".

That may be so, but I believe they check when you check in for your reservation.  They scan one card, but have always asked to confirm who the second person is.  I believe the cabin mate’s name and picture pops up on the hostess’s screen when checking in.  They have to record who was getting the meals in the system to make sure the number of meals each person has had shows properly in the system.

• Like 1