Upsell Offer already!

My DF and I are booked on the Koningsdam to Alaska, leaving on June 29.

My TA forwarded an upsell offer to me....from an obstructed verandah to an unobstructed verandah for $199 pp or to a Vista for $349 pp.

I doubt I will consider it, as we are in 4096, a fully accessible room.  It has a lifeboat in front, but to the side of the wide verandah there is no lifeboat, and you have a fully unobstructed view.  I sincerely doubt that they have other accessible rooms available, and I don't really think $199 pp is worth it for me.  Now, an upgrade to a Signature, I might consider!

All the above being said, I am quite surprised to get an upsell offer already!

Leanne

• Like 2

We are on a June 9th sailing of Noordam and the upgrade offers went out a few weeks ago, so this sounds about the same timing for our cruise.

For ours the went top to bottom (upgrades to Vista, the upgrades to Signature, etc).

• Like 1

@leerathje when I look at cabins and there is no noise issue I always pick the one with the largest size in its category rather than moving to another category. On the a pinnacle class ship larger is better.  I was in an obstructed view on the Koningsdam and had to look over the lifeboat but could still see a full panorama even seated 

5 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

@leerathje when I look at cabins and there is no noise issue I always pick the one with the largest size in its category rather than moving to another category. On the a pinnacle class ship larger is better.  I was in an obstructed view on the Koningsdam and had to look over the lifeboat but could still see a full panorama even seated 

It ends up there is an accessible cabin on deck 5 available.  Most of the accessible rooms are all the same size....the one available on deck 5 is a wedge, sister to the one on deck 4....except I understand the verandahs on deck 5 are shallower than other decks.

L.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, leerathje said:

It ends up there is an accessible cabin on deck 5 available.  Most of the accessible rooms are all the same size....the one available on deck 5 is a wedge, sister to the one on deck 4....except I understand the verandahs on deck 5 are shallower than other decks.

L.

5 is quieter.  4 is above all of the venues even the venues 2 floors down can be heard (muffled). I looked at your position on 4 and it looks fairly quiet. Last week I had my niece move up to 5 to insure a quiet ride.  I have stayed on 5 also - extremely quiet.  In your case I would still go for the largest room and if balcony is important then consider that also.  I only take the balcony on the pinnacles because I don’t like the first floor and the insides are extremely tiny (with a few exceptions)

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1