P&O Loyalty carry over to Princess - inconsistent?

On 5/15/2024 at 8:58 PM, pennib said:

We are doing our first Princess cruise later this and have gone straight into Elite courtesy of our previous P&O travels. We are really looking forward to it.

Did one or more of your previous P&O cruises occur during the period 1974 to 2003?

Regards John

Had this email back:

"It is possible that some guests loyalty may have pulled through incorrectly when their booking was made, and I apologise for any upset this may have caused you, particularly if they have benefitted from this error."

It looks like it is a bit lucky dip and for myself it seems I was given the loyalty in error compared to our other passengers on the booking. They don't seem to want to budge for the unlucky passengers!

Whilst booking a Princess cruise this morning I was discussing with the TA that I wasn't getting any Captain Circle discount when trying to book on the web site. Seemingly I have two Captain Circle numbers and one of them has me as blue level with the other being Elite. The plot thickens.

51 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Whilst booking a Princess cruise this morning I was discussing with the TA that I wasn't getting any Captain Circle discount when trying to book on the web site. Seemingly I have two Captain Circle numbers and one of them has me as blue level with the other being Elite. The plot thickens.

How did you find the two numbers

3 minutes ago, david63 said:

How did you find the two numbers

It was the TA that told me when I was booking. I have found a Princess booking confirmation with a different CC number to the one listed on my Princess account. Mrs YP also has two different numbers now that I have created an account for her.

The TA gave me a phone number for CC and suggested that I call and get the old numbers cancelled and our CC levels aligned. I will wait till after our Sept cruise as I have reached elite by virtue of a P&O cruise in 2019 which shouldn't have counted towards my Princess loyalty, so don't want to risk shooting myself in the foot and dropping a level.

On 5/23/2024 at 2:19 PM, yorkshirephil said:

I had this problem years ago but in my case the situation came about by my booking a Princess Caribbean cruise through a US based travel agency.  This meant they opened a US account which was independent of my UK account.  Then on one cruise I suddenly shot up the rankings when they amalgamated them.

Regards John