TAMPA HOTELS PRE-CRUISE (beach post-cruise)

We are deciding between these TAMPA HOTELS:  Haya Hotel, The Barrymore or Hyatt House (all within our budget) We’ve read reviews on each of these and some older comments on CC. Hoping to get recent  cruisers experiences at these hotels-the good, the bad (hopefully not the ugly🤡)

We are also staying a couple of days after and plan on staying near the beaches but haven’t researched accommodation yet. Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance (TIA)

I haven't ever stayed at these hotels...however I have lived in the downtown Tampa area in close proximity to these hotels. The Barrymore would be at the bottom of the list out of the 3 due to it's location. The Hyatt House will put you right in central downtown and in close proximity to the Riverwalk...better downtown location than the Barrymore. The Haya Hotel is probably going to the be the nicest out of the 3 as it's a more niche hotel. However with that being said the Hyatt House is located in the historic Ybor district. While Ybor offers many great restaurants and bars it may not always be the area for everyone to stay in. With all the bars it can get pretty busy late night especially if it's a weekend evening and the crowd can get a bit sketchy in the evening. If you choose the Haya there is also a free trolley that you can jump on to easily get to the port and downtown Tampa. 

• Thanks 1

Oh...as far as the beach stay post....if you are looking at Clearwater Beach I would suggest looking at The Sandpearl..not sure budget wise if it fits in but it's a very nice hotel in a great spot right on Clearwater beach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bajathree said:

Oh...as far as the beach stay post....if you are looking at Clearwater Beach I would suggest looking at The Sandpearl..not sure budget wise if it fits in but it's a very nice hotel in a great spot right on Clearwater beach. 

Thank you for both replies. Good information