Airline Tickets

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Why not just bump your old thread???

My guess would be that the answer provided wasn't what was wanted, so posting again to get a different response.

34 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

My guess would be that the answer provided wasn't what was wanted, so posting again to get a different response.

Just to show that there's no sense in trying to nail down a date, we had our record locators and were able to set up seating for our Nov 23 SS cruise in June 23, about 6 months out.

29 minutes ago, canderson said:

Just to show that there's no sense in trying to nail down a date, we had our record locators and were able to set up seating for our Nov 23 SS cruise in June 23, about 6 months out.

Record locators don't mean you are ticketed.  Only when you have a 13 digit number do you have a ticket.

And some airlines allow for seat assignment for unticketed reservations, some do not.  No blanket rule.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Record locators don't mean you are ticketed.  Only when you have a 13 digit number do you have a ticket.

And some airlines allow for seat assignment for unticketed reservations, some do not.  No blanket rule.

UA + TAP.  Paid some to upgrade seats, so apparently ticketed in June when this was done.  United won't accept the attempt otherwise.  Don't think any Star Alliance member will.

AFAIK, you never see the actual 13 digit ticket number when booking through SS... at least it never appeared on any SS paperwork we received.  One would need to get that directly from the carrier.

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

AFAIK, you never see the actual 13 digit ticket number when booking through SS... at least it never appeared on any SS paperwork we received.  One would need to get that directly from the carrier.

Another reason to book air yourself?

Just mentioned the ticket number issue, because way too many folks think that a six character locator means that they are ticketed and all is well.  And it's not that.

Just now, FlyerTalker said:

Another reason to book air yourself?

Depends.  We've noticed that occasionally, RCL comes up better one way international fares than I can score on my own.  I miss the old days of legit consolidators.