Positano and Capri in one trip

cruisegal415

I have been looking for a shore excursion from Amalfi that would allow us to maybe take a boat ride along Capri, maybe have some time in Capri and/or Anacapri and also spend some time in Positano.  We have visited the Amalfi coast before and spent time taking the drive up to Sorrento (my grandparents are from there) so this time we'd like to see the Amalfi coast from the water, maybe visit Capri, and definitely spend time in Positano, one of the most beautiful places we've seen.

I've been looking at all the usual excursion companies, and most of the excursions I have described either start from Naples or Sorrento, or go to Pompeii and Capri (we are going to Pompeii when we stop at Naples later in the cruise).  What makes it challenging is that this is a tender port and last time we visited, the cruise line allowed people who were taking the cruise ship's excursions on to the tender first, and the ship was late in getting to this port and by the time we were able to get on the tender, it was already close to 10:00 am.

I thought about just taking the ferry from Amalfi to Positano, and from Positano to Capri, or taking a ferry from Amalfi to Capri, then Capri to Positano, then back to Amalfi, but in looking at the ferry schedules, I'm not sure if this would work.

Any suggestions?

I would absolutely take the ferry directly from Amalfi to Capri in the morning, I'd want to be back on the mainland and closer to the ship in the afternoon.  The last morning ferry to Capri from Amalfi is at 10:30 on NLG, if you don't make that one I wouldn't go at all.  There are earlier crossings at 8:54 on NLG, 9:10 and 9:35 on Alicost, 9:49 on Positano Jet.

Aliscafi per Capri da Salerno e Costiera Amalfitana: prenota online - Alicost Spa

Traghetti Positano Jet | Lucibello

NLG » Official website

Be careful about the returns, they all take a big break at lunchtime, the last morning return to Positano departs Capri at 11:15 and there isn't an afternoon return until 15:10 (Lucibello/Positano Jet).  Most of these stop at Positano and continue on to Amalfi, just as in the morning they start from Amalfi, stop at Positano to pick up passengers (I don't think they allow anyone to get off, just board) and then on to Capri.