Is there a shuttle from the cruise port to town?

kad56

I've read there's a shuttle that sometimes runs and sometimes doesn't. I'm going to the main strip in Mahahual, and prefer not to take a taxi since I'll be solo. I'll be there early July.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kad56 said:

I've read there's a shuttle that sometimes runs and sometimes doesn't. I'm going to the main strip in Mahahual, and prefer not to take a taxi since I'll be solo. I'll be there early July.

There is no longer a shuttle to town and it only ever used to run TO town and you needed a taxi back.

The intermittent trolley now is the one along the pier. Try to team up with someone from roll call on the ship before you leave or at dispatch. Fare should $4pp each way but I believe they may charge solos $8?

Alternatively you could pre-book somewhere like Maya Chan and you will travel in shared van but you will have to be comfortable walking outside port to pick up location, which is safe (normal precautions) but a short distance outside port.

Edited by c-leg5