Silver Spirit Review

ak1004

We just returned from our third SS cruise and I posted a review - https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=715305

Our take:

Outstanding service, an improvement from our previous SS cruises. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about the food, which I felt has declined. It was good overall, but not as good as Oceania in my opinion, and the menus in Atlantide shrank significantly.

Excursions were a mixed bag, with some groups as large as 35 people (unacceptable for an ultra luxury line in my opinion). Internet not good enough despite StarLink, and they still block streaming on a standard package and request to upgrade at $29/day. Again, unacaptable.

Otherwise, a very enjoyable cruise, great itinerary, amazing weather and amazing crew. We will definitely consider coming back for the right itinerary and right price (although after the recent dramatic fare increase, the right price seems less likely at this point).

Any questions, feel free to ask.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks ak1004. I am due to board Spirit next Tuesday for the first time since 2018 (my third trip on her)  and your review has reassured me somewhat. I am travelling with a friend who is a Silversea first timer so feel responsible for the success of the trip! 

• Like 1

Rest assured (so far) anyone due on Spirit. I boarded today and everything is marvellous. Some differences to my last trip (6 years ago!) noted, such as - no slippers, no cotton wool or cotton buds in cabin. However, the crew are so eager to please and welcoming that I am currently luxuriating in my lovely bed and thinking myself very lucky. 

4 hours ago, Wannabdonna said:

Rest assured (so far) anyone due on Spirit. I boarded today and everything is marvellous. Some differences to my last trip (6 years ago!) noted, such as - no slippers, no cotton wool or cotton buds in cabin. However, the crew are so eager to please and welcoming that I am currently luxuriating in my lovely bed and thinking myself very lucky. 

I agree 100% about the crew. Honestly, I couldn't understand some of the reviews that mentioned poor service. To me, the service was almost perfect, and definitely an improvement compared to our previous two cruises on Spirit and Dawn.

My main issues were food and excursions. Food was not bad, but not good enough for an ultra luxury line in my opinion.

Correction - we asked about slippers and they have been provided. We found the cotton wool in a frosted glass jar in the bathroom- we had thought it was just part of the decor. So only cotton buds not provided which is hardly a disaster. 

Sea day today so can't speak of excursions yet. All food so far has been very good but agree it's not outstanding. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks ak1004 for your review, and good timing too as I'm about to book my first Silversea cruise on Silver Spirit for August.  I've always enjoyed Seabourn and understand the two are very similar so am very much looking forward to it.  Currently holding a Vista Suite guarantee but hoping for a balcony upgrade so keeping fingers crossed. 

And thanks also to Wannabdonna...wishing you a wonderful cruise!

1 hour ago, cadburysmom said:

Thanks ak1004 for your review, and good timing too as I'm about to book my first Silversea cruise on Silver Spirit for August.  I've always enjoyed Seabourn and understand the two are very similar so am very much looking forward to it.  Currently holding a Vista Suite guarantee but hoping for a balcony upgrade so keeping fingers crossed. 

And thanks also to Wannabdonna...wishing you a wonderful cruise!

We had Vista guarantee too. We got an upgrade on the previous 2 sailings, but not this time. We don't use the balcony much, especially on port intensive sailings, so we were perfectly fine with our cabin. It's exactly the same as veranda, but the location is very good. It's on a low deck so less sensitive to movement, very quiet location and near Atlantide. We were very happy with the cabin. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

We had Vista guarantee too. We got an upgrade on the previous 2 sailings, but not this time. We don't use the balcony much, especially on port intensive sailings, so we were perfectly fine with our cabin. It's exactly the same as veranda, but the location is very good. It's on a low deck so less sensitive to movement, very quiet location and near Atlantide. We were very happy with the cabin. 

Glad to hear this, thanks!  

Agree about the Vista. I had only been in a veranda before and thought that a Vista might be smaller but the sofa and 'sitting room' area seemed bigger than in a Veranda to me. The location is really handy being near the restaurants and the lifts that take you the pool deck plus there is not a lot of traffic going past. For anyone that cares, the cotton buds turned up on day 3! I'm back home now and very sad! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1