Galapagos Glamping

I was wondering if anyone had experienced the glamping on Flora?  If so, could you please give your opinion of what it was like, what you liked best, what you didn't like?  Was it "private"?  What about restrooms?

Curious to know about it as it was referenced in this month's webinar.

Thanks😊

While we didn't do the glamping, we did see the area used for this.  I wouldn't say that it's private.  It's on an open deck that everyone can access.  The restrooms are on the same deck, but in the ship.  It's a short walk.

9 minutes ago, peanut head said:

I had seen that post when it was first put out but forgot about it.  Thanks for sharing the link.

After virtually no live threads or reviews on any Galapagos cruise for a long time, quite a few of them have been published since November.

33 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

After virtually no live threads or reviews on any Galapagos cruise for a long time, quite a few of them have been published since November.

Yes.  I had read most of them but very few dealt with the actual Glamping experience.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peanut head said:

Yes.  I had read most of them but very few dealt with the actual Glamping experience.

Yes, I believe there has only been one report that I know of. 

Posted (edited)

I don't think many people out for glamping.  It's fairly humid, and after being outdoors in the heat/ humidity so day, most people want to sleep indoors in the A/C.  When we were on Flora in October, we would stargaze a bit in the evening, but were ready for indoors to sleep. As were most other passengers.  You can also have dinner outdoors, which some people did ( no charge)

Edited by Shiba_Lover

1 hour ago, Shiba_Lover said:

I don't think many people out for glamping.  It's fairly humid, and after being outdoors in the heat/ humidity so day, most people want to sleep indoors in the A/C.  When we were on Flora in October, we would stargaze a bit in the evening, but were ready for indoors to sleep. As were most other passengers.  You can also have dinner outdoors, which some people did ( no charge)

That's what I was wondering, but I still would like to hear from anyone who actually participated in the Glamping experience.

41 minutes ago, peanut head said:

That's what I was wondering, but I still would like to hear from anyone who actually participated in the Glamping experience.

If you go onto the site we can't mention, but it's like a book, but with a face.... There is a group you can join for celebrity galapagos/ Flora, expedition and xploration.  There are some reviews posted there on glamping.