Virtuosa Speciality Restaurants - advice requested please

Thanks in large part to advice from this forum (many thanks!) and viewing a lot of YouTube reviews, I have booked a 14 night cruise on MSC Virtuosa from Southampton in the autumn in YC. I am beginning to research and book excursions and ship activities. I am quite drawn by pre-booking a speciality dining experience package; our previous cruise history is P&O initially followed by Celebrity in Balcony and Sky Suite cabins both before and after the introduction of The Retreat concept. We have enjoyed eating in the Speciality Restaurants on both Celebrity Eclipse and Silhouette on occasion, but have also enjoyed eating in the MDR and Luminae and not always felt the need to book Murano; Tuscan Grill etc - especially at the current prices.

So the advice I need is:

- does anyone have copies of the specific dining experience menus for Butcher's Cut; Indochine; Kaito Sushi bar; and Hola! Tacos & Cantina (i.e the menus/food that are included within the package price without any further upcharge); and

- your views on whether such a package (I am drawn to the 4 experience package plus a Carousel production at £104 pp) would be worthwhile and vfm given we will have access to the YC restaurant in any case. I know one answer might be "that's a personal decision" and  "what you spend your money on is your call" but I am interested in your views, particularly on the quality versus price balance and from those who have dined in YC for 14 days;  even though I know the food will be good, will we need a change!

Many, many thanks for your help with this. 

On 5/26/2024 at 4:02 PM, NewWestwardbound said:

Thanks in large part to advice from this forum (many thanks!) and viewing a lot of YouTube reviews, I have booked a 14 night cruise on MSC Virtuosa from Southampton in the autumn in YC. I am beginning to research and book excursions and ship activities. I am quite drawn by pre-booking a speciality dining experience package; our previous cruise history is P&O initially followed by Celebrity in Balcony and Sky Suite cabins both before and after the introduction of The Retreat concept. We have enjoyed eating in the Speciality Restaurants on both Celebrity Eclipse and Silhouette on occasion, but have also enjoyed eating in the MDR and Luminae and not always felt the need to book Murano; Tuscan Grill etc - especially at the current prices.

So the advice I need is:

- does anyone have copies of the specific dining experience menus for Butcher's Cut; Indochine; Kaito Sushi bar; and Hola! Tacos & Cantina (i.e the menus/food that are included within the package price without any further upcharge); and

- your views on whether such a package (I am drawn to the 4 experience package plus a Carousel production at £104 pp) would be worthwhile and vfm given we will have access to the YC restaurant in any case. I know one answer might be "that's a personal decision" and  "what you spend your money on is your call" but I am interested in your views, particularly on the quality versus price balance and from those who have dined in YC for 14 days;  even though I know the food will be good, will we need a change!

Many, many thanks for your help with this. 

I have been on yacht club Virtuosa several times and when we board again on Saturday, we will actually pass up on our free speciality dine that we get with our platinum status. That is because the food and service in yacht club restaurant is much better.

You can book the Carousel production,  in advance much cheaper before you board. They are half hour shows and I recommend them both. 
I have done Live reports from Virtuosa if that helps. Here’s one.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2858604-live-report-from-msc-virtuosa-yacht-club-11-18th-june-2022-southampton-norwegian-cruise/

Enjoy your time onboard- It’s a great ship and a wonderful Yacht Club.

On 5/26/2024 at 5:02 PM, NewWestwardbound said:

I think you should book the specialty restaurants package, especially if you are interested in good food.

The YC restaurant is good, but I rate the specialty restaurants as better (especially Butchers Cut, Indochine and Kaito Teppanyaki).

In any case over the course of the 14 days the YC restaurant will feel like home, whereas visiting a specialty restaurant is "special" - maybe more like a night out.

11 minutes ago, 8420PR said:

I think you should book the specialty restaurants package, especially if you are interested in good food.

The YC restaurant is good, but I rate the specialty restaurants as better (especially Butchers Cut, Indochine and Kaito Teppanyaki).

In any case over the course of the 14 days the YC restaurant will feel like home, whereas visiting a specialty restaurant is "special" - maybe more like a night out.

Thank you. I am minded to book it, especially as It includes a Carousel show. Good point about it feeling like “going out”.

This page is at least one, possibly two years old, but it has the menus for all the Virtuosa specialty restaurants in GBP:

https://www.visitwithus.co.uk/home/visitwithus-msccruises-dining-bar-guide

With the dining package, you get to choose from the "dining experience" menu at each venue. At Hola! Tacos, you get the all you can eat option. Kaito is either a sushi bar menu, or teppanyaki (where I think you get the "Samurai" menu). According to these menus, Butcher's Cut is £43, Teppanyaki is £42, Indochine is £34, Kaito Sushi is £31, and Hola! is £16.99, and all of these prices will likely have gone up a bit by the time you get on board. So you will certainly save money with the dining package, even if you choose some of the cheaper options.