Booking Excursions for Second B2B Cruise

tring

Wondering when we would be able to book excursions for the second cruise of a B2B.  I would expect to get our cruise cards when we move cabins, (I presume about 10am), on the change over day.

Will we be able to book excursions and other things for that second cruise at that time, or will we need to wait until other passengers start boarding?

Posted (edited)

I book mine online months before boarding. You don't need to wait until you're onboard. They are available up to a year before sailing. Cheaper too.

Edited by FangedRose

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

I book mine online months before boarding. You don't need to wait until you're onboard. They are available up to a year before sailing. Cheaper too.

You cannot use OBC then though, which is why I asked, though I realise not many people would know the answer.  Obviously we could book ahead if we wanted to pay extra over the four figure OBC we have for that cruise.

We intend to meet relatives in Southampton that day, so will be wanting to go off and not return until mid afternoon, so a lot of passengers could have booked excursions with their OBC by then.

Edited by tring

Unless things have changed you should be able to pick up a booking form from the excursions desk on embarkation day which you can fill in and post in the box on the desk. If you ask on the first cruise they may let you have one earlier.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, david63 said:

Unless things have changed you should be able to pick up a booking form from the excursions desk on embarkation day which you can fill in and post in the box on the desk. If you ask on the first cruise they may let you have one earlier.

Thanks, very useful to know if all else fails.  What you have prompted me realise though, is that I can talk to the excursions on the first cruise, before we make any firm arrangements to meet up with my cousins.  

The problem is we have is the large OBC, so we prefer to use that for at least some excursions, but it is the US/Canada cruise for September we are looking at and I know quite a number of excursions sold out pre cruise last year, since we were booked on the same cruise then.  I think I have a good idea of which ones sold out, but we hope to get in as quickly as possible, before more may sell out.  We rarely do any excursions and only two on last year's cruise, so very little in the way of anything we would be too bothered about if we are too late to book them.  It is just that we have got the large OBC as we booked the cruise on Aurora earlier this month.  We already hit the jewellers on that cruise as had a large OBC for that as well 🙂