Live Caribbean Princess - Iceland , Ireland , England and Scotland

The next stop was the Dettifoss Waterfall . It's 340 ' wide and and 150' deep . It flows 130,000 gallons every minute .

IMG_5636 2_zpsrsv70bp1

IMG_5625 2_zpsipgdciwa

IMG_0478 2_zps0idbipnc

IMG_0483 3_zps5fi2t0e7

IMG_5627 2_zpsldepsh10

Down stream we could see another waterfall where we would go next

IMG_5630 2_zpso13wxlnr

• Like 2

This looks to be a review of a past cruise on another cruise line rather than a live from on a Princess ship, which I think is confusing members. 

I do see that you are taking a Princess cruise at the end of July. 

My concern is this will drop back pages as time goes on and you will no longer be able to find it when you actually are live. 

Would you like me to change the title of the thread @scubacruiserx2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

This looks to be a review of a past cruise on another cruise line rather than a live from on a Princess ship, which I think is confusing members. 

I do see that you are taking a Princess cruise at the end of July. 

My concern is this will drop back pages as time goes on and you will no longer be able to find it when you actually are live. 

Would you like me to change the title of the thread @scubacruiserx2

Am I allowed to answer here ?

Here's the down stream waterfall from Europe's most powerful waterfall . It's called Hafragilsfoss  and it required about a mile walk from the car park .

IMG_5654 2_zpsw567s5kr

It has a giant canyon downstream that looks like the Grand Canyon from the photos that we have seen having never been there . We did fly on a helicopter in the Waimea Canyon on our last anniversary and it was very impressive .

IMG_5689 2_zpsa4l4desq

IMG_5703 2_zpsqlttbtnu

• Like 2

Our next stop was the Myvatn Nature Baths . It was for photos and a bathroom break and something to eat that we stopped . Neither we or our travel companions wanted to swim .

IMG_5737 2_zpsfrgv52qy

IMG_5740 2_zpsycm13rbg

IMG_5745 2_zpszaohmhtv

It's hard to read in the small photo format but the sign on the last pool says 100 C  ( 212 F ) , the boiling point of water ! A little too hot for us . 

The last we heard , the Volcano has closed down the Blue Lagoon in Reyjavik so this place may be packed on the day that we are scheduled to be there . Since our friends and their children want to swim there , we will not be going on the bus with them . We hope to be going on a private trip to see other things . We hope to find out today if Tours by Locals can give us the credit that they owe us . If they can , we will book with them as soon as we can . If not , we have another private tour company that cost more , or we may go with our friends and watch them swim .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Yes!!

Thank you. We would really like to keep this thread intact. But now we are confused upon receipt of your post. We enjoyed and were inspired by @KenTheCruiser recent Live from Alaska. We noticed he received recognition and a badge for doing a live thread. This is our first attempt at a live thread. We explained that in the opening of the thread. Hence, we named it Live. He began his live thread 8 days before boarding the ship. 

We did read another live thread this morning found here:

This is written more than a month live and still has not left for his cruise yet. 

This why we are confused.

@graphicguy included stars on either side of his *Live*. If we included the stars on our thread as he did, is this acceptable?

If not, can we put semi or liveish and keep the rest of the tittle?

On average there are 500 views per day (successful by our standards). Will the thread stay intact and keep our viewers?

Edited by scubacruiserx2

3 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Thank you. We would really like to keep this thread intact. But now we are confused upon receipt of your post. We enjoyed and were inspired by @KenTheCruiser recent Live from Alaska. We noticed he received recognition and a badge for doing a live thread. This is our first attempt at a live thread. We explained that in the opening of the thread. Hence, we named it Live. He began his live thread 8 days before boarding the ship. 

We did read another live thread this morning found here:

This is written more than a month live and still has not left for his cruise yet. 

This why we are confused.

@graphicguy included stars on either side of his *Live*. If we included the stars on our thread as he did, is this acceptable?

If not, can we put semi or liveish and keep the rest of the tittle?

On average there are 500 views per day (successful by our standards). Will the thread stay intact and keep our viewers?

Of course, you can keep the live from and it won't be touched!  Please don't think I was negating your live from at all. Please accept my apology.    I think there were some viewers that were confused as it was 2 months prior to your sailing as well all the pictures of your last cruise on it.  Some may think this is from your next sailing. 

I greatly look forward to following along on your cruise and of course you will get recognition for doing a live from. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to post all about your cruise and thank you even more for posting live from your cruise when you are on it.  It looks like a wonderful sailing and hope you will absolutely love every moment!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Of course, you can keep the live from and it won't be touched!  Please don't think I was negating your live from at all. Please accept my apology.    I think there were some viewers that were confused as it was 2 months prior to your sailing as well all the pictures of your last cruise on it.  Some may think this is from your next sailing. 

I greatly look forward to following along on your cruise and of course you will get recognition for doing a live from. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to post all about your cruise and think you even more for posting live from your cruise when you are on it.  It looks like a wonderful sailing and hope you will absolutely love every moment!

Thank you very much for your kind words and for resolving this .

We're sorry if we caused any confusion . By the way , this thread began on May 31st and our flight to London is on July 9th . That is 5 weeks and 4 days from the start of the thread to our departure . And we hope that this makes it understood clearly . We still have a lot to do before we go .

Our last stop was Godafoss which reminded us of Niagara Falls . Because the sun was in our face there was a lot of glare .

IMG_5781 2_zps1aprpj6i

Looking toward the meet point where we would walk to meet our guide , the sun was at our back which is best for photos .

IMG_5789 2_zpsahpzlifx

We changed our angle to reduce glare

IMG_5806 2_zps5flltryw

A telephoto shot of the other side

IMG_5790 3_zpszoy2jaau

IMG_5794 2_zpsdq3xmsqq

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

It was time to saddle up and ride out of town . There was a fog bank .

IMG_0522 2_zpsvh4lqzwm

We spied this village and then this tail in the distance . We hoped that it would not be a fluke sighting .

IMG_5856 2_zps8iivlfpd

IMG_5893 3_zps4lkpubui

A tail and a hump

IMG_5928 2_zpsjwciiij0

IMG_5933 2_zpsjkf5v3qf

IMG_5956 2_zpsyf1tk83b

2 humps are better than 1 

IMG_5977 2_zpsfz9hexfu

We were just able to book our Tours by Locals tour for Akureyri on July 21st using our credits with them . We are thrilled and looking forward to returning there . We just checked the weather on accuweather and it's 90 F here and 41 F with rain in Akureyri .

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 4

This will be our next port on our previous cruise to Iceland

DSC08585 2_zpskk2g3gbv

Princess will not have this port on our cruise with them , so it's a bonus port for anyone who may go there instead . Water taxi needed for this one .

DSC08598 2_zpstyimdb0q

Fish drying at the port

DSC08599 2_zpsgm5kutcz

After meeting with our guide Bessa we were off for another day 

DSC08668 3_zpsd0ugdpxq

We stopped at this waterfall behind the Lupine first where Bessa told us that the water was so pure that we could drink it .

DSC00514_zpstfm4jzbz

DSC00511_zpssgnbj5p1

The water was fine here but we would not recommend this as a practice .

Last year on our Anniversary trip to Yosemite I drank from a waterfall there but Pat and the guide did not . I may have picked up a form of parasite called Giardia that caused me to lose almost 100 pounds until we discovered what it was and treated it ! Not the best way to lose weight . Pat and our guide there  Eric had no such problem .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardiasis

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

We were going to Dynjandi Falls and our next Alice in Wonderland move was to go into a hole in the ground ( but we drove instead of falling ) . It's a 6 mile drive through a narrow 2 lane tunnel ( and yes we did have tunnel vision ) . It's the Vestfirdir Tunnel . If cars meet they can drive by each other . But when you meet a large vehicle one of them have to squeeze to a pull off place on the side until the others pass .

DSC08603 2_zpsondf2zm5

DSC08605 3_zps9pdf5vlc

But after about 10 minutes of yellow and brown we were spit out like Jonah from the great fish in the Bible . And like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz , the view went from 2 colors to Technicolor  in the blink of an eye .

DSC08606 2_zps9frdotjo

DSC08607 2_zps0jq7zflz

A Goggle map of our Route

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Dynjandi,+Iceland/Tunnel+from+Isafjödur+to+Önundarfjörður,+Vestfjarðarvegur,+400,+Iceland/@65.9118398,-23.5175273,10.45z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4f2ad1e592a61ea5:0xae4b876985d75d2d!2m2!1d-23.1985749!2d65.732597!1m5!1m1!1s0x4f2ae185f8f25b35:0x3bc615902c179053!2m2!1d-23.2791775!2d66.0526389!3e0?entry=ttu

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 3

Because we both like to take photos we like private guides or small groups where we can request a photo stop . Sometimes it's just roll the window down and other times we jump out for a quick snap . 📸

We do use cameras instead of a phone which may be a challenge for a live thread . Slow internet will also be a problem . Does anybody know if Princess has Starlink ?

IMG_0555 2_zpsfcru7fis

IMG_0572 2_zpsvnzvqjz1

These birds are pretty but will attack if you get too close to their nest . The locals wear hats and carry a stick to wave them away from their heads .

IMG_0580 3_zpsm8hxy92r

IMG_0584 4_zpsufb5v4vi

We're glad that we have a good telephoto to keep wildlife at a distance and from from attacking .

• Like 2

IMG_0593 2_zps7rwmvttf

The last part of the road was now red dirt

IMG_6133 2_zpsgohgobgo

Near the car park , the first part had railings but the higher that we climbed , the steeper it got and their were fewer steps

IMG_6156 2_zpsqzfiapks

The climb begins

IMG_6147 2_zpsh95zarzy

IMG_6144 2_zpsoqis55l1

• Like 2

One of the things that we may encounter in Iceland in July is midges both swarming and biting .

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2019/06/18/biting_midges_attack_early_this_year/

We encountered them at the waterfall in Dynjandi and you can also see them in this video . They filled our ears , eyes and nose . The first man in the video is wearing a head net over a hat . We bought these nets to take with us at the big smile company , I read that they sell out in Iceland and cost more there .

• Like 1