Set dining times on Regal Princess?

5onadime

I will admit my memory is a bit fuzzy....

The last time we sailed Princess ( 2022) we were on the Emerald and I am 95% sure we had early dining.

I am currently looking at the Regal and as I am booking it doesn't seem to give me a choice of dining.  Does that mean they are "sold out" of early or has it all gone to flexible.  

Currently there is no Traditional Dining like before.   You can either make a reservation for each day at a time of your choice or just walk in and wait to be seated.   However this is all changing soon.   Not sure of the date but I want to say cruises departing after September of this year.   Sailings after that will once again offer a choice of either Traditional (early and late seating), reservations, or walk ins.

• Like 1

@5onadime

what date are you looking to cruise?  I am assuming after September 14,2024 ?

Here is what is on the Princess news website.

Our guests have been delighted with the dining flexibility aboard Sun Princess and we’re pleased to extend the concept to all the other ships in our fleet,” said Sami Kohen, Princess Cruises vice president of food and beverage.  “Now whether guests prefer an early seating every evening, or change things up every night, or even change their mind, these flexible dining options ensure that their dining preference is effortlessly accommodated.”

Starting on April 15, 2024, the new approach will launch on Princess voyages departing September 14, 2024 and beyond. To support these changes and the transition to the new system, main dining reservations that already have been made for voyages sailing September 14 and beyond for any ship except Sun Princess will be cancelled. Main dining reservations for guests sailing through September 13 will not be affected.

Starting June 17, booked guests will be able to use the app ahead of their voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing them to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of their choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms. 

This change does not affect guests booked in specialty dining restaurants or suite or reserve collection accommodations, who enjoy a dedicated dining room on Princess ships, where no reservations are required.

• Like 1

We’re sailing 8/31 from Southampton British Isles and have made our dinner reservations for the Concerto dining room for each night. Most nights for 5:20 but later a few nights depending on the timing of our excursions. I loved how easy it was to make these reservations using the app AND the flexibility of time selections plus being able to cancel if we decide we’re too tired and would rather go to the buffet.