So far an AMAZING cruise on the Emerald Princess !

tml1230

We are on the Boston to Quebec City sailing at end of August. On your sailing what nights are the formal nights . I am wondering if they are on the 2 sea days? Thanks. Alfred

1 hour ago, prairiesailor said:

We are on the Boston to Quebec City sailing at end of August. On your sailing what nights are the formal nights . I am wondering if they are on the 2 sea days? Thanks. Alfred

That's usually how it works.  Never the first or last night.

On 7/1/2024 at 6:28 PM, Denmal said:

Boarding on Wednesday so exciting...does anyone know where the elite happy hour is held nightly ??

If you have time, and you feel like it, would you please ask the front desk if they could tell you the occupancy for the August 11, 2024 Greenland cruise? I’m wondering how full the ship will be. Thank you so much.

NEW YORK CITY:

If you use the Hop on Hop off bus in New York City, I recommend buying your ticket from Princess. The cost was only a couple of dollars more and boarding was in front of the ship. Otherwise, you had to walk to a stop in the city. ALSO: At the first stop, switch to the Blue Line for the lap around Central Park. If you wait until the end of the Red Line to ride the Blue Line, when you are back to stop one, you will have to go all the way around the red line AGAIN (2 hours) to get back to the ship (or take a taxi). Buses are one-way only.

We did not have time to ride the Blue Line because we did not know this. We also took the Staten Island Ferry at the recommendation of Jace (port expert) onboard. It took a long time, and we didn't see anything that was not visible from the Emerald. Waste of our time!

BOSTON: We used the Boston Trolley. I didn't like them as well as Hop on/hop off buses, and those are available in Boston as well. Trolley drivers are also the tour guides, and they never shut up. "Boston has the biggest; oldest; best; tallest; etc." It got really tiring along with a steady stream of lame jokes. We had a beer at Cheers pub. Really enjoyed that stop.

Sydney: We hired a van taxi at the port for a fixed price of $150 Canadian for a tour around the area, and a stop at a liquor store on the way back. Great choice.

Saguenay: Hop on/hop off buses are school buses. Not really too much to see, but inexpensive at $22 U.S.

• Thanks 2

Quebec City: We started with the Hop on/hop off bus which gave us a great overview of the city. We got off at Chateau Frontenac, toured the hotel then took the cable car down to the lower town. We walked many of the streets and stopped at a pub with live music and good food.

Great time and our favorite port!

Montreal: We took the Princess Excursion ($139) to Montreal Airport with a two hour stop in the old city. Very enjoyable and just enough. We stayed at the Sheraton Airport hotel. Nice hotel but worn-out beds. Great food at their Eclipse Restaurant. I would not stay there again.

Hope this information helps future travelers! 😉

Re: Saguency--- We are taking this tour as well in September.  Did your cruise arrive at 8:00 am? The tour starts at 9:00-- just wondering if you had to rush off the boat to make it on time.  Also, do you remember what restaurant the tour stopped for lunch on the way back to the ship?  Thanks, Anita

We will be in Quebec City in late Sept.  My husband is disabled and uses a scooter for mobility I was wondering if he will be able to access the HoHo bus at or near the cruise port and whether the funicular is within a reasonable walking distance of the port. We realize there will be cobblestones everywhere and accessibility may be limited in many areas. 

3 hours ago, PTMom1974 said:

We will be in Quebec City in late Sept.  My husband is disabled and uses a scooter for mobility I was wondering if he will be able to access the HoHo bus at or near the cruise port and whether the funicular is within a reasonable walking distance of the port. We realize there will be cobblestones everywhere and accessibility may be limited in many areas. 

last week when we arrived we docked at wharf 30. Not downtown where smaller ship dock. the dock area was in a working  marine commercial area. Princess provided a free shuttle to a drop off area. you can skip the shuttle and walk, but it's a LONG walk! The funicular in my opinion is not within a reasonable walk from the ship. I can't speak to the HoHo bus access. 

For me I would do a ship tour, even though I am not a ships tour fan....

have a great cruise!

6 hours ago, PTMom1974 said:

To exit the port, you have to take a free Princess shuttle, then walk several city-blocks over rough terrain to the Hop on/ Hop off bus stop. The funicular is a couple of miles from the ship. Since you will be traveling with a scooter, I would strongly encourage a Princess Excursion or hire a taxi for a tour.

Have a great trip!

Thank you everyone for your responses. Unfortunately Princess is not offering an accessible excursion at this port. I will contact the accessibility office to see if the shuttle bus is accessible. Will continue to look for options. 

PT mom....just a thought...directly outside the very nice cruise terminal, with  large  elevators to the ground level. Just outside lf there is a fully manned  taxi stand. Many of the taxis I saw were capable of storing a scooter.

Québec city is beautiful and well worth seeing, even from a taxi. Its a special place.

Although we walked into town directly from the ship,  returning to the ship we took a taxi, as my hip replacement  didn't give me the milage I anticipated!

Good Luck and safe journey.