How much Spending Money for Europe?

To usavvy2...

I want to know how you did re the budget eating in London for 3 days for $150.00 and Rome for 3 days at $100.00 for 2 people.You may want to rethink this amount...:)

London -

late breakfast; no lunch; early bird dinners at a pub (after all, we'll have to diet b'c of the upcoming cruise)

Rome -

lite breakfast; loaf of bread/bottle of wine/hunk of cheese for lunch; spaghetti for dinner. 8-) (after all, we'll have to diet b'c of the cruise that just ended) Or, maybe I'll sneak a sandwich a day from the cruise and by the end of the 12 days I'll have enough sandwiches for b, l, and d in Rome!

seriously, though, thanks for pointing it out; I just added another $200 to my costs without opening my mouth. ;-)

We went to Paris a few years ago for a week, and between hotels, airfare, souvenirs, food, entertainment, etc... we spent $2500. We ate very well, went to nice restaurants, stayed at a 4 star hotel close to the Eiffel towel, we even took a day side trip to Versaille, spent maybe $200 worth of shopping.

But for our 12 day cruise to thr Mediterranean I have budgeted about $1000 for excursions and another $1000 for spending money including hotel in Barcelona for two days. So in total I figure we will be spending about $5400, since the airfare is free because we are using our FF miles.

Archived