Help me understand flash sale exclusions please

I have a Caribbean cruise on the Ascent booked for next April.  So far my sailing has been excluded from every sale but I can't understand why. If you look at the sale spreadsheets and filter on the Ascent it lists most every cruise, skips over all of April, and then resumes including sailings in the sale in May.

I'm not looking to complain, more so understand what I can be on the lookout for next time I book.  If there are two viable dates and the prices only vary by a small amount, I could choose a sailing that is more likely to have sales included.

My guess, and only a guess, is this. Is it possible that your cruise is very popular and therefore, the drink packages, excursions, etc are selling.  April is a very popular time to sail as many schools have holidays due to Easter. If various things are selling well, Celebrity may not feel they need to offer them on sale. I also agree with the previous comment about waiting to see what happens a little closer to final payment and sale date.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Happy Rogue said:

I have a Caribbean cruise on the Ascent booked for next April.  So far my sailing has been excluded from every sale but I can't understand why. If you look at the sale spreadsheets and filter on the Ascent it lists most every cruise, skips over all of April, and then resumes including sailings in the sale in May.

I'm not looking to complain, more so understand what I can be on the lookout for next time I book.  If there are two viable dates and the prices only vary by a small amount, I could choose a sailing that is more likely to have sales included.

I know how frustrating that can be.  Here is the eligible sailing list that Celebrity published for this year's Memorial Day sale.  It has an extra spreadsheet in it that listed the reasons for exclusions that may give you a better idea as to what is going on.  

As you can see, the excluded sailings are holiday cruises, President's cruise, charters, and Galapagos itineraries.  Perhaps your cruise is occurring over Easter?

Although this does not have anything to do with your question, note that high demand shore excursions (defined as being 60% booked or more) are excluded from the sale regardless of sailing.

image.png.6dd7b63b834a334d16547178fba08e53.png

19 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I know how frustrating that can be.  Here is the eligible sailing list that Celebrity published for this year's Memorial Day sale.  It has an extra spreadsheet in it that listed the reasons for exclusions that may give you a better idea as to what is going on.  

As you can see, the excluded sailings are holiday cruises, President's cruise, charters, and Galapagos itineraries.  Perhaps your cruise is occurring over Easter?

Although this does not have anything to do with your question, note that high demand shore excursions (defined as being 60% booked or more) are excluded from the sale regardless of sailing.

Thanks so much for all the detail.  My actual cruise is over April 6th - April 13th.  Not over easter... but maybe it's "close enough to count"?

Do you happen to know if the Black-friday-esque deals typically exclude the holiday exclusions?  Or am I likely hosed, to not receive any deal? 

26 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Interesting.  Last year they allowed holiday cruises to have sales.  I did very well by booking the sales ...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Happy Rogue said:

Thanks so much for all the detail.  My actual cruise is over April 6th - April 13th.  Not over easter... but maybe it's "close enough to count"?

Do you happen to know if the Black-friday-esque deals typically exclude the holiday exclusions?  Or am I likely hosed, to not receive any deal? 

I am only guessing, but my bet is that those exclusions would be in force for even the Thanksgiving-Black Friday-Cyber Monday sales.  Basically, Celebrity doesn't want to put out a sales incentive if they don't have to.  But hopefully I am wrong as I also have an April 2025 TP sailing that has not been eligible for any sales yet either.  It is an Easter sailing which may be a problem (and, thanks to crossing the International Date Line, we will have two Good Fridays on this cruise!).