Trans Atlantic Weather Oct/Nov 2024

Lazy Sailor

We will be sailing with you. From what I have read, we can expect warm weather after the first few days. We've only been on the spring crossing, and the weather was pleasant i.e. sitting at the pool in clothing rather than bathing suits. I have been led to believe that the fall crossing has warmer weather. I guess we will see.

The southern track that SeaDream will be taking is, as Zimmy says, generally pleasant.  I have sailed it on ships other than SD when I worked on such things and all I would add is that it is hurricane season so anticipate a few bumps.  If you don't get any all the better.  Don't worry about any bad stuff as any Captain worth his table knows how to track such storms and which side of the storm to avoid.  Wish we were going.🥃

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 12:55 PM, Jim Avery said:

The southern track that SeaDream will be taking is, as Zimmy says, generally pleasant.  I have sailed it on ships other than SD when I worked on such things and all I would add is that it is hurricane season so anticipate a few bumps.  If you don't get any all the better.  Don't worry about any bad stuff as any Captain worth his table knows how to track such storms and which side of the storm to avoid.  Wish we were going.🥃

Wish you were too!

On 9/5/2024 at 3:44 PM, Zimmy said:

We will be sailing with you. From what I have read, we can expect warm weather after the first few days. We've only been on the spring crossing, and the weather was pleasant i.e. sitting at the pool in clothing rather than bathing suits. I have been led to believe that the fall crossing has warmer weather. I guess we will see.

Thanks for reply