Voyager Fall 2025 Sailing Canceled

On 10/5/2024 at 4:53 AM, alfaeric said:

Who says they didn't?  

Maybe I'm missing something- but did anyone here have a Suez Canal cruise on the Voyager?  Seems that people that had their cruise canceled had some kind of Med cruise that was canceled because the ship had to leave early to get around Africa instead of the Suez Canal.

We did! We booked the B2B from Rome to Dubai to Singapore. We were offered the same options that everyone else has listed which were of no interest to us. We'll take the refund.

We were on the segment of the WC that had to detour from the Suez in May this year and go around Africa. We did the 18n leg from Dubai (where we boarded our 62n segment) down to Cape Town. We then took RCI's very generous compensation and refund offer and hopped off for the next 24n and rejoined in Ravenna.  We kept our cabin whilst we were off the ship, received 25% refund of cruise fare for the amended first leg of 18n and then received a full refund for the 24n we were off the ship.  In our case for that special WC sailing they couldn't have been more reasonable, we were very happy with their treatment of us.

We booked this Voyager - Suez B2B when we boarded the WC.  We did so with the obvious understanding that if things didn't settle down in the region then it obviously wouldn't be going ahead. Having to only put down the small Next Cruise deposit was a big plus for us and we got a pretty generous OBC with each sailing as well.

It is what it is. I do understand people would have liked to have first chance at the new sailings but I'd be surprised if anyone will have trouble getting a booking.

I can't remember the exact number but over 1/2 the ship jumped off for the Africa diversion on Serenade. They went around with only 700 passengers onboard from Dubai to Ravenna.

West Coast of Africa was of no interest to us and I didn't hear a lot of great feedback onboard from people that stayed on.  I'm sure there were some good parts (Namibia comes to mind) but there were also a couple of downright dodgy ports! There were some issues, understandably, as they hadn't done that route before.  I would think they will at least have learnt a few things now that they have been to most of the places they will be going.  

I see they haven't included Madagascar as one of the stops. We had to skip that on our sailing down to CT due to bad weather, made worse by it being a tender port. It was a big disappointment as we were really looking forward to that stop but that's not RCI's fault of course!  They did an overnight in Mauritius instead. We also stopped in Port Elizabeth and Mossel Bay in Sth Africa on the way to CT which were both nice stops!

Commiserations to all who have had these sailings cancelled. Hopefully you can find another option to your liking!