Excursions???

Philly Cruiser

On our 1st cruise way back when we were in Jamaica and climbed the waterfall. It was awesome. Make sure that you climb with a guided tour as the local vendors at the end are relentless ( they don't take no for an answer and that was way back in the early 90's) We just snorkled in GC and did some shopping.

On our 1st cruise way back when we were in Jamaica and climbed the waterfall. It was awesome. Make sure that you climb with a guided tour as the local vendors at the end are relentless ( they don't take no for an answer and that was way back in the early 90's) We just snorkled in GC and did some shopping.

It's funny that many people say this. My parents (and myself once) went to Jamaica several times and they befriended a local boy on the first trip. Never asked them for money. Never led them astray. He helped them steer clear of the thiefs and crooks. And kept the hounds at bay. When I went with them, we went to his home and had dinner w/his mother (they were, as many are, dirt poor). Ha ha ha, I remember we took him to Burger King and that was like an amazing thing for him. He was so happy! My parents would bring his family clothes that my cousin made when they'd go to visit. We weren't rolling in the dough, but we were willing and able to give what we could freely. Unfortunately, they lost touch. I guess that we just got really lucky. Or maybe 'cause my mother is an islander herself. Although, my experience is that islanders are not always nicest to each other (if you're from different islands as my mother is/was).

But, true. When you're in a different environment and not familiar, best to go with a sure bet.

In Grand Cayman we did Captain Bryan's Buccaneer excursion http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Excursion.htm and had a wonderful time!

Here is a link to our pictures from that day: http://community.webshots.com/album/530801710NJTzFf

If you go to the forum jump at the bottom of this page, you will find links to forums on those islands. There is a wealth of information to be found there.

Have fun planning!

Archived