Alaska Excursions...

chowderbsk

Hi Ho, fellow sailors! I have a few questions regarding shore excursions in the Alaska ports of Ketchikan, Sitka, and Juneau. I will be on the Infinity in June and would love any feedback you may have about some of the activities I should not miss, and others that I should perhaps avoid. Many thanks in advance for any replies!

Best,

Brian

chowderbsk:)

When I last answered this question (on Trip Advisor) I put my favorite Ketchican excursion as the Canopy Adventure followed by Mountain Point Snorkeling. Perhaps because I saw other canopy adventures available on recent cruises or because I just recently was looking at my Mt Pt pictures, I have to reverse the order.

For Juneau - get yourself out on a glacier. There is nothing else like it. Bite the bullet, pay the small fortune and do it- at least once. We did it in 1994 and still treasure the memory.

We cruised to Alaska back in 2000 and there sure were alot of different excursions to choose from with too little time and money to do them all!

Our favorite excursion was one that we arranged ourselves--we booked a floatplane out of Juneau to take us to Glacier Bay National Park (see the attached photo). Always wanted to go there, but Celebrity hasn't done Glacier Bay in quite some time.

Anyway my point is simply that you may also want to expand your search to excursions outside of what Celebrity offers.....

108362443_FloatplanetoGlacierBayNationalParkJun2000_edited(Small)(Custom)(Custom).jpg.0c79178c3d666489970a18fd00746799.jpg

Archived