Aurora - Alexandria or Medina

Britboys

A question for anyone that has sailed on Aurora.

I am pleased to say that we today booked on Aurora for a Canaries Collection cruise next year :) . We haven’t sailed on her yet but did do a POSH Club tour when she was brand-new.

We were very surprised to be asked which Main Restaurant we have a preference for (as well as sitting of course). It has usually been the case that your restaurant is allocated dependent on Cabin position. We cannot really remember too much about them and there is no virtual tour available on the P&O website at present :( .

It would be really good to know which one any of you that have sailed on her would opt for to help us make up our minds. Obviously we take it as given that menus & service are the same – just as on Oriana.

Look forward to seeing your views.

Andrew

Hi,

Aurora is a fantastic ship. For stability choose the Medina restaurant, if the ship rolls you dont! The Alexandria has avery odd motion in rough seas! Have a great cruise.

Glad you like Celebrity, I only cruise with them for longer cruises now

Ian:D

Hi Andrew,

we were allocated Medina (mid ship) and enjoyed the smoothe service. Passengers in the Alexandria (aft) complained of the noise and vibrations from the propellor shaft. We did have open-sitting lunch in the Alexandria sometimes for a change of scenery and enjoyed the view of ships wake from the stern windows. As for dinner sittings there is rarely anything to see outside at night so would request Medina if given the option.

Regards

TEALBIRDS

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your comments on this. Popular opinion certainly seems to tend towards the Medina, so I think we'll ask for this. We're really surprised to be asked in the first place and not entirely sure that our preference will go that far but we'll give it a whirl and let you know how we get on.

Ian - we thought Celebrity were really great and very much enjoyed the Ship, Food, Service and overall Ambience. They will definitely be our first choice for any Cruises out of the USA in the future. We also did Princess (Sea Princess/Adonia) in the Caribbean, November 2000. It wasn't by any means awful but we were a left feeling a bit underwhelmed by it.

Andrew

Thanks for the bits of advice everyone. Managed to get into the TA on Thursday and she 'phoned P&O while I was there to put in a preference for the Medina. We know the food & service are the same so it will not be a problem even if we are eventually allocated the Alexandria.

I'll be doing a roll call for our July cruise soon now that we have our own roll call section on this board. Well done again for that Ian.

Archived