Catalina golf carts?

itzkaren

Anyone ever rented golf carts on Catalina Island? We're sailing the 4-night Paradise cruise on May 1st, and will have the day at Catalina Island. Trying to decide if we should "do something" or just walk around.

There are 8 in our group....4 couples celebrating anniversaries!

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :o

By all means, rent the goft carts.:) They have carts for 2 or 4 people. My DD lives in L.A., and we've been on Catalina a few times, as well as when we were on the Paradise in November.

It's the best way to see the island. They will give you a 'cart path' map, but you can venture into other areas as well. The view from the top is breathtaking!

I would take a golf cart rental if i were you..... it costs like 30 dollars an hour or something like that... But if your in a group, its easy to split the cost..... Also by taking the golf cart, you can stop along the way and there are some great sights.

Thanks for the info......will Carnival have info on the golf cart rental, or do you suggest doing that in advance? If so......where?

We're a 'golf cart group!' Not golfers, but we go to Pismo Beach, and along with the ATV's we have a few golf carts that are made just for the beach.....with sand tires, lifts, etc. Reliving our childhood....I guess:D

Thanks for anymore details on the golf carts.......sounds like it will be a great way to explore Catalina. The one time my DH and I were there....we walked around (long) and ended up at the 'dome' place.......bought 2 small prints that I have in my office. So, looking at doing something different this time......and something fun for the group.

:)

Thanks for the info......will Carnival have info on the golf cart rental, or do you suggest doing that in advance? If so......where?

You might want to check at the Excursion Desk on the ship. We've just always walked up to the goft cart place (I think there are two rental places right together.) and rented the carts....so I really don't know if you can do that thru the cruiseline or not, sorry.

Not necessary to rent the golf carts thru the ship. We went to Catalina last July on the Express and you can rent them for $30 for 2 hours but it must be cash, no credit cards or debit cards. They are a great way to see the island. Enjoy!!

yeah, they're dubbed by the islanders as the "biggest rip off on the island"... But for newbies, its a great way to catch some great sights and photo opportunites.... The path you take takes you up in elevation on the island, and there are spots where you can pull over and view the harbor in its entirety, its a great place to take a pic of yourself with the bay behind you.

The driving path you take, takes about an hour.... You'll probably take a little longer with stopping off at different places.... BUT remember, the meter is running on your dime..

Archived