Just for the heck of it....

ladymacwilly

OK, booked on the 4/15 crossing on the QM2 and am getting ansy. I've really enjoyed these boards and value all the input...but...for some reason...I keep playing this song over and over again in my head...:rolleyes:

image.php?u=77964&dateline=1119475075cruiserking

Cool Cruiser

icon10.gif

To the tune of - The Most Beautiful Girl in the World -

The most beautiful ship on the sea

She’s the Queen Mary 2

I have sailed her, have you?

She’s a grand dame, no doubt

Why the long face and pout

She’s got a ship’s horn that booms

Elegant public rooms

The first liner built since I can remember

Some day I will be a Platinum member

Has a rude purser

Things could be worser

How bout that planetarium or that afternoon tea

Excursions, kind of lame

Kings Court much the same

But, she outshines all cruising stock

Not just another floating cinder block

Has an expensive fare

What do I care

It’s goodbye fair

Cause my Cunard slippers tout this ship that’s for me

The one and only ship on the quay

The ship that makes me scream Hip-Hooray!

The one and only beautiful ship on the Sea

Cruiserking

LOL! Thanks again to Cruiserking. I just thought this was great and hated to see it "float" away to the back pages.

(For those of you who have read this before, you'll understand why I didn't opt to resurrect the entire original thread.)

Hey ladymacwilly,

Thanks for the kudos, I was very flattered when I saw this kicking around the boards again. Have a great voyage on the QM2. In addition to your review of the ship I'm particularly interested in your comments on the new Brooklyn Cruise Ship Terminal in Red Hook.

Happy Sails aboard the Most Wonderful Ship on the Sea!

Jonathan

Hi CK,

My pleasure! Honestly, I found myself singing the tune and had to stop a moment to figure out why...then it hit me! I just found your lyrics so clever, (then I read your profile and thought; "AHA!") :D

I actually printed out the lyrics for my husband to read. (His very frist cruise..and on the Grand Dame of Ships.)

I love your spirit and great sense of humour!

I will most definately share my experience onbaord. (Of course, I have only cruised NCL a few times before, (every Cunard passenger shudders), but beyond that...always considered myself more of a "traveller" as opposed to a "tourist". So, what could possibly be bad? Someone reminded me the day we sail is the day the Titanic sank. Hey, communications, navigation is so much better...they have enough life boats...what's the worst that can happen? Floating around for another day at sea in a lifeboat and a refund? :D OK, I'm part Scottish too... LOL (OK, please nobody beat me up over that totally stereotypical response. It was meant entirely in jest and the Scots have the best jokes of all regarding the subject.)

*Runs for cover*....I've read these boards before...:eek:

LadymacWilly,

Noticed your from Santa Fe, New Mexico - that's just about one of my favorite spots on the planet. There's nothing like the sun setting over those Sangre de Christo Mountains. We used to stay at a wonderful dude ranch in Santa Fe called the Bishops Lodge. Have to get back out there soon.

You're just a few days from dusting off the suitcases and packing mode. As dusting goes, it's the suitcase dusting that I would always happily engage in. Give the arroyos and the mountains my best and have a safe trip to the east coast.

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan!

I've lived in San Diego most of my life and moved to Santa Fe 2 years ago. My, how I miss the ocean! The trade-off is beautiful blue skies with white puffy clouds and strolling the plaza and galleries of the "City Different". (I'm also an Art Major. How could I not love it here?) :rolleyes:

I'll let you know what "chaos" we may encounter at the Red Hook Terminal. Naturally, we would have to book the first day it officially opens. :cool: (Not scared in the least sailing the Atlantic on the anniversary of the Titanic sinking but the Brooklyn Terminal....) *shudder*

Let me know when you make it back to Santa Fe. There are some great music venues here and of course, the outdoor opera. (Now if someone would only open up a decent Irish Pub! The only other thing I miss as much as the ocean).

Atticus,

Thanks Atticus.

Commodore Club nothing, I shall be crooning over the public address system as we sail under the Verrazano Narrows and out into the Atlantic Ocean. Perhaps you can join in Atticus, or perhaps provide some percussion on the spoons.

Jonathan;)

Atticus,

Thanks Atticus.

Commodore Club nothing, I shall be crooning over the public address system as we sail under the Verrazano Narrows and out into the Atlantic Ocean. Perhaps you can join in Atticus, or perhaps provide some percussion on the spoons.

Jonathan;)

You know, it's almost worth changing my booking to hear this!

Karie,

who is on the labor day cruise

Karie,

I so enjoy reading your postings.

So happy to have you "onboard" this thread. (Silly as it may seem).

"...The most beautiful..."

OMG! There's that song in my head again.... :D

Let's see, birthday on the 13th, flying into NYC on the 14th, braving the new Brooklyn Terminal on the 15th.....Yeah, I think I'm ready for a few days at sea...OK, and National Express to London, fly out of Heathrow to Dublin, Aircoach to the hotel, Air lingus to JFK, one night in Manhattan, a full days flight into Santa Fe...with a 3 hour layover in Ohio...(God, how I miss San Diego sometimes) Then, if that's not enough, have plans to pick up our new Scottie puppy 4 hours away each directon the weekend we get back. Supposed to be in Vancouver, Washington in May. Already logged in Las vegas, San Diego, Long Beach, Houston, Mendocino, San Francisco, the Southern portion of Ireland within the last six months. Wonderful, but...I'm getting exhausted.....

So naturally, training a new born Scottie Dog is exactly what I need...:eek:

Atticus,

Thanks Atticus.

Jonathan;)

What....I didn't mention that I was in a jug band?

What....I didn't mention that I was in a jug band?

Now we're cooking, we just need someone to cover the washboard, the juice harp, and maybe the Harmonica and I think we'll have a swell little sea band, we'll call ourselves, The Three Pods, has a nice ring to it. Believe we might give resident QM2 Combo Xtasea a run for their money.

Originally Posted by Mariamp675@hotmail.com

I live right near the Verazano Bridge and will be standing at the sea wall listening for the singing.

Then by all means join in, The Three Pods can use all the back up we can muster.

Originally Posted by Ladymacwilly

Let's see, birthday on the 13th,

Happy Birthday, Ladymacwilly. Too bad we're not booked on this cruise or else we'd give you a country hoedown rendition of the many happy returns ditty from the finest Jug Band this side of the Buttermilk Channel.

Jonathan:D

Now we're cooking, we just need someone to cover the washboard, the juice harp, and maybe the Harmonica and I think we'll have a swell little sea band, we'll call ourselves, The Three Pods, has a nice ring to it. Believe we might give resident QM2 Combo Xtasea a run for their money.

Then by all means join in, The Three Pods can use all the back up we can muster.

Happy Birthday, Ladymacwilly. Too bad we're not booked on this cruise or else we'd give you a country hoedown rendition of the many happy returns ditty from the finest Jug Band this side of the Buttermilk Channel.

Jonathan:D

Gee, kinda like... The Soggy Bottom Boys.

The Three Pods, I like that! :D

I think you would be perfect for the B&W Ball!

*wonders what formal hillbilly attire is available in black and white* :rolleyes:

Ladymacwilly waits to hear "The most beautiful..." Sang with a twang on the Three Pod Jug Band...:D

(Did set design and wardrobe way too many times...still dying to see the washboard played in "formal hillbilly attire")

*All of a sudden thinks of Jed Clampets top hat*:rolleyes:

Nice to hear from you Maria. Y'all in Southern Brooklyn... (LOL! OK, a new one on me...I must say)

Just to take it a step further.... since Cunard seems to have done away with the horse race the night of the Ascot Ball, maybe we could suggest a greased pig catch?

Nothing would tickle me more than seeing a dowager, with her proper formal gown hiked up to her thighs, squatting (that being the key) to catch a pig.

Yee-ha!

Just to take it a step further.... since Cunard seems to have done away with the horse race the night of the Ascot Ball, maybe we could suggest a greased pig catch?

Nothing would tickle me more than seeing a dowager, with her proper formal gown hiked up to her thighs, squatting (that being the key) to catch a pig.

Yee-ha!

SOOOOOOO-EEEE!!!!!

Karie,

Who once attended a hog callin' contest back home in Tennessee where the winners were a couple of deaf girls- who called the pigs in sign language... and a couple of pre-arranged friends got down on all-fours snorting and scrambling up to the callers. We all fell out!

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are all so great!

Karie, I hope everything turns out well.

I'll post the shot of my tablemates who looked all so dapper, (really! I'm not even being sarcastic here!) Even tho' they may have replaced the greased pig for a mud-slogged Scottie-dog... ^..^ ~

Thanks to everyone whom I've had such a great time with on this thread!

I'll give you a link to our on-line album. The QM2 photos are posted first, (followed by the shots of London, Dublin and NYC, which feel more than free to buzz right through!)

Ladymacwilly ^..^ ~

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/myAlbums.do?albumId=20810.1539.1146511524027.1

Hi Ladymacwilly,

Thanks for the link for your QM2 pictures, however, the pictures on the link are only some generic shots of animals. Perhaps there is another link or a code that needs to accessed.

Cruiserking

Archived