Down Pillows/Duvets...OW..I'M ALLERGIC! Help!

sharecruises

Oh my...

Have been reading people "love" the cozy bedding on carnival

is this down pillows and comforters??

I stayed in a marriot not too long ago that had this, and I had to have them remove it, I got a little flat pillow, and an acrylic blanket lOL

I am very very allergic to down...I will keep sneezing and sneezing

eyes, water, horrible :(

I am not sure if imagination has this new bedding..does anyhone know?

can I ask for non feather/synthetic pillows, and bedspead or blanket without any down or feathers??

I am also thinking I may ask them to "deep" clean the room for my allergies...I am not truly "allergic" to smoke (I quit some years ago) but I dont like the smell of it, and always book non smoking hotel rooms

the down and feathers tho were much much worse for me than smoke

also..what ships have down? is anyone else allergic...what did you do, do they have other pillows, should i pack my own??

thanks in adance (worry worry )

You must put all this in writing, not an email, to Guest Services at least 30 days before you cruise. Don't wait until you get on board because you run the risk of nothing happening. Tell them what your problems are, and what you need done when you get on board the ship.

Hmm....yeah...thanks...I am sure other people have down allergies, they are not life threatning, i am a very healthy person, just no feather pillows

I am asking. which ships have down/feathers...and what do people do who can not use them?

I don't think that is something I would have thought of usually??

I thought I read that Carnival's new bedding is all non allergy, not just down filled pillows and comforters. You might check their web site and call customer services and ask them. You could always bring your own pillow as many kids do when they travel. Let us know if you get an answer about the bedding.

thanks I am going to call them monday

I read a reviews that said "down"...but maybe they are wrong??

I never thought about this...who would want down on a carribean cruise anyway LOL??? now if it was alaska I could see the reason haha

thanks..I will also ask on the carnival board

Went to Carnival's site, typed "bedding" in the search. No need to wait until tomorrow.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/promos/carnival_comfort_bed.aspx

p,s. Down keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

I read a reviews that said "down"...but maybe they are wrong??I never thought about this...who would want down on a carribean cruise anyway LOL??? now if it was alaska I could see the reason haha thanks..I will also ask on the carnival board

???? Thanks..but now I am more confused than ever...

from their website>>>

Your stateroom comes equipped with a complete Carnival Comfort Bed ensemble featuring: an eight-inch spring mattress, a 100% hypoallergenic down duvet, high-quality sheets as well as ultra-fine, ring-spun, satin-striped cotton blend duvet covers and pillow cases.

Finally, after a fun-filled day at sea or on shore, you can lay your head on a New Generation Stateroom Pillow or a Soft & Downey Suite Pillow. All together, it makes for the best night's sleep on board you've ever had.

100% hypoallergenic "down"??? if it is synthetic I will be fine...but I don't understand..are they saying they have treated the feathers/down so that it won't make people like me sneeze and wheeze LOL??

Maybe the reviewers thought it was real "down"??

I do know that some of the marriots have 'upgraded" to real down, I stayed in one and had the worst night,I will check tommorrow..thanks again

Thanks for the link to Carnival website. I too am highly allergic (asthma, anaphalactic shock risk). and sorry if I am allergic to feathers there is no way that it can be "hypoallergenic". I am booked on a Carnival cruise next May and I WILL be contacting them to guarantee that I won't have feathers or wool in my room well in advance of the 30 days. I have asked this question myself before and was not able to find a definitive answer. I am also worried about HAL as I am cruising in May this year. I best contact my TA and request a form so I can submit my requirements. Having a fatal asthma attack is not something I wish to experience anywhere, including on a super vacation at sea. Thanks for all the info.

I developed adult onset asthma about 9 years ago and suddenly became allergic to many things, including down. Had to get rid of anything that had feathers etc.

I am sure allergies are something they would have considered when replacing the bedding on the ships. Last year on the Oosterdam they had the new duvets and I had absolutely no problem with it whatsoever.

Recently I bought a feather bed that that has a warranty that states it is guaranteed to be allergy free. I have had no symptoms of any kind with it... So it is possible that when they say they are guaranteed to be hypoallergenic that they are just that.

In 4 cruises I have never even caught a whiff of cigarette smoke in our cabins, they do an excellent job of sanitizing them.

JMHO

Bev

Archived