? to all Valor cruisers about colors game

bettycrocker

Debating cruise between Valor and Glory. Have heard about the colors game they play on valor and it could be a possible deal breaker. My DH want a table for two and do not want to play games during dinner. I want to know what everyone else has experienced during their cruises. If everyone is going to get rowdy every night at dinner then it will be a definate deal breaker to me.

Thanks.

I was recently on the Victory and they also played the game. During dinner in the dining room every evening they would give the scores of the day. The only commotion would be some cheering briefly and that was the end of it. It took maybe three minutes and that was it.

The actual games are not played in the dining room. The first night you find out which color team you are on at dinner--on our cruise on the Valor it was based on what part of the dining room you were seated in. The Maitre'D made an announcement every night during dinner regarding which team was in the lead---accompanied by some cheering and hooting from each team as their totals were announced. Total amount of rowdiness, about two minutes max. The points are actually earned by passengers participating in actitivies and contests--like the ones played on the Lido decks---and that is where the real nuttiness occurs.

Hope that helps. We found dinner to be pretty peaceful--"Showtime", when the servers do some interactive entertaining--was always at the end of the meal time and never interfered with even the most leisurely of meals as far as we were concerned.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Same, I think it's on all ships because we had it on Victory last summer. It's actually fun though. You don't really "play" at dinner, you just clap. The actual game is played throughout the cruise, during the day :)

Trust me, if that's the only thing you're worried about don't even bother - it nothing compared to the AMAZING experience you'll have on your cruise! I guarantee it :)

Okay..I'm sure there is at least one other person on here wondering...WHAT THE HELL IS THE COLOR GAME? LOL

Im sailing on the Valor in august after reading this, interested to say the least.

Ryan

Ryan the color game is where the dinning room is divided into groups one red, one white, and one blue. That was the colors for the Valor anyway. Then when you play games on the Lido deck or in the lounge then if you win, your color team gets a point. It is just a way for them to get people more involded in the games.

Debating cruise between Valor and Glory. Have heard about the colors game they play on valor and it could be a possible deal breaker. My DH want a table for two and do not want to play games during dinner. I want to know what everyone else has experienced during their cruises. If everyone is going to get rowdy every night at dinner then it will be a definate deal breaker to me.

Thanks.

You dont have to play the game, During the first Dinner they tell you what section of the Dining room is a specific color from Red, White and Blue. Then every night the Maitre'd will tell everyone what are the color standings, for example "The Red Color has 3,488 points etc. and most people in the Dining room that are Red Color will cheer. This is done towards the end, if your husband doesnt want to hear it, He can get up before they start to mention it and leave, by then he will probably finish eating. I thought it was the same on ALL Carnival ships, I didnt know that the Glory didnt do this?

To me I dont care for it too, Im like your husband I prefer a nice quiet dinner and also dont care for the singing and dancing but since its all in fun I go with it.

By the way the Singing and Dancing part is held before they give you your desert, What I do is tell my waiter to give me my desert before the dancing starts so I have something to do while everyone is doing the Train dance thing.

Fred

Archived