? about booking next cruise while onboard

I asked the question about changing the reservation of the loyalty ambassador a few years ago and was told that everything can change (price, cabin #, category, cruise ship, sail date, etc.) just like if you had made the reservation elsewhere. So, if you booked a 7 day and switched to a 12 day you should get the different amount of credit.

We had decided to do a longer sailing on the ship we were on since some of our itinerary was canceled due to the hurricanes of 2004. We booked on board, and even went down while they were cleaning rooms one day and got a quick peek at the cabin we had selected. We ended up having to cancel due to a work conflict, but since we were still in the 100% refund timeperiod all was well.

The credit goes with the booking number, so if you cancel a cruise that you booked on-board you lose the credit! If you change it, but keep the booking number then you still have the credit, and the credit is for the amount that goes to the actually cruise you end up doing (ie $100 for 7days, $200 for 12days) You can change ANY cruise that you booked on-board AS LONG as you keep the booking number!

BTW if you book two different cruises while on-board, you'll have to pay deposits on both of them!

The credit goes with the booking number, so if you cancel a cruise that you booked on-board you lose the credit! If you change it, but keep the booking number then you still have the credit, and the credit is for the amount that goes to the actually cruise you end up doing (ie $100 for 7days, $200 for 12days) You can change ANY cruise that you booked on-board AS LONG as you keep the booking number!

BTW if you book two different cruises while on-board, you'll have to pay deposits on both of them!

Thanks for the info Xine and Skypilot... that is what I suspected but wanted the 'expert' advice of CC members :)

So now just wait for the 2007 - 2008 prices and itineraries..

Em

Jenny: You will love the Mariner was on her twice in 2005. Lynn booked another cruise for us each time we were on board too. She is a wonderful person and don't know why the op had a bad time with her. She will help you with anything you want to know, but have an idea of ship, amount of days and itinerary. Call in advance to schedule an appt. so you do not end up waiting and wasting your precious cruise time:) . If you have any other questions about the Mariner feel free to ask. Please tell Lynn that Jill & Dave from Florida say hello....Later, Jill:cool:

We are going on our first cruise 4-21-06 on Sovereign. Thanks to all the excitement here on these boards, I am already planning our next cruise. I want to book a cruise for next year while onboard for the credit. We were thinking about leaving out of Norfolk on Empress since that will be an easy drive for us. When will they release the new dates for Norfolk? Will we still be able to book onboard if we don't know when it will be available? Any help will be much appreciated.

We are going on our first cruise 4-21-06 on Sovereign. Thanks to all the excitement here on these boards, I am already planning our next cruise. I want to book a cruise for next year while onboard for the credit. We were thinking about leaving out of Norfolk on Empress since that will be an easy drive for us. When will they release the new dates for Norfolk? Will we still be able to book onboard if we don't know when it will be available? Any help will be much appreciated.

If the dates aren't out yet, and they probably won't be, go ahead and book just anything, as far out as you can get. When the new itineraries are released, just call RC and ask to change to the cruise you want. As long as you retain your booking number, you will keep your credit and get the cruise you want. I plan on doing this on my 4/20 Enchantment cruise as I want to book a Caribbean cruise from FLL for November '07 and I know those itineraries won't be available yet. Enjoy your cruise on the Sovereign!

..the cabin is more important than the shipboard credit..

I agree with you.....I want to book a Caribbean one as soon as it comes out on May 2nd..........even though we'll be on the Explorer May 7th.....I really want a certain cabin.......

So can I book it May 2nd and then cancel and rebook while on my May 7th cruise?????:confused:

Good question. What if a person booked 2 different ones and than cancelled the one they don't want?

I'm booked right now on two cruises but will cancel one. They each have the ship board credit from having been booked onboard. The disadvantage is they are holding two deposits of my money for 6 months.

Need a little clarification, please.

We will be onboard the Sovereign next weekend and plan to book onboard for next year using the C & A Member Savings Certificate that we got in the mail this week. It will be $150.00 savings for a 7 night cruise and we will also get the onboard credit of $100 for booking onboard BUT will we also get the discount of $50.00 each from Crown and Anchor for being platinum members?

WOW, big savings, if true!

Thanks,

Sharon

Archived