booking different ways

TracersQQ

My Mom and I are going on the Victory in Jan. '07. She always goes on these cruises with a local "oldies" DJ (sorry I don't know what these type of cruises are called where you cruise with a celeberty or in this case a DJ). In order to get into his dances, that he will hold on the ship, you have to book through a certain TA. My Mom said that she hates to deal with this TA, she's not very knowlegable, among other things. But she has to deal with her in order to get into the dances (she gives out a wristband that will get you into the dance.) Since I am going to be sharing a cabin, with my Mom, do I have to book through the same TA or can I book elsewhere such as directly through Carnival? I don't really want to do the dances, I'm sure I can find something else to do while my Mom is at the dance.

My Mom and I are going on the Victory in Jan. '07. She always goes on these cruises with a local "oldies" DJ (sorry I don't know what these type of cruises are called where you cruise with a celeberty or in this case a DJ). In order to get into his dances, that he will hold on the ship, you have to book through a certain TA. My Mom said that she hates to deal with this TA, she's not very knowlegable, among other things. But she has to deal with her in order to get into the dances (she gives out a wristband that will get you into the dance.) Since I am going to be sharing a cabin, with my Mom, do I have to book through the same TA or can I book elsewhere such as directly through Carnival? I don't really want to do the dances, I'm sure I can find something else to do while my Mom is at the dance.

TracersQQ,

Many people book directly with Carnival and then transfer the booking to a TA. The TA still gets their commision and you get to choose your room etc.

If the cruise is more expensive through the TA than through Carnival, you may not be able to transfer or you may have to pay the difference. If that happens, ask the TA to prorate the difference since you'll not be attending events. It's worth a shot to not have to deal with someone you don't care for.

TracersQQ,

Many people book directly with Carnival and then transfer the booking to a TA. The TA still gets their commision and you get to choose your room etc.

If the cruise is more expensive through the TA than through Carnival, you may not be able to transfer or you may have to pay the difference. If that happens, ask the TA to prorate the difference since you'll not be attending events. It's worth a shot to not have to deal with someone you don't care for.

This is a GROUP cruise, therefore one must book originally with the group.

Since your Mom booked her cabin with the TA, you would already be booked. I'm a little confused with your question? And yes, it would be a group cruise and you will need to book with the group in order to receive any of the group amenities. If you know another TA that you like, they may be able to book into the group, however that would still have to be done throught the original TA.

Archived