Pls share experiences crusing to Bermunda in Sept.

We took our first cruise last week on the AOS and are hooked. Thanks to this board we received so many great tips for our trip.

We now want to go to Bermuda next year but am having difficulty picking a time due to work committments. It looks like Bermuda has a pretty active hurricane season in Aug/Sept./Oct and I'm wondering if others have travelled during that time frame and what your experiences have been.

Also, having just been on the AOS will we be disapointed in the smaller Empress of the Seas?

Thanks!

We've cruised to Bermuda several times in September and it has been delightful. Yes, you do have the risk of hurricanes in September, but we have been very lucky. You can't beat those September prices and kids are back in school......it's wonderful.

We did a land-based vacation to Bermuda a few years ago in mid-October and it poured rain most of the time. We still had fun, but not much beach time. Bermuda is on the same latitude with the Carolinas, so not really like the Caribbean, but a beautiful island. Bring your piggy bank--it is not cheap, either!!!! However, like any other vacation spots, I am sure there are bargains to be had if you know where to look--unfortunately, we didn't!!

I am also looking into going to Bermuda in Sept '07. We will be in New York celebrating my father-in-laws 60th birthday (he's a big Mets fan, so he wants to go to game on his birthday), so I'm thinking "why not do the 5-day Bermuda cruise?!". I really like the prices, but am also concerned about hurricane weather. I figure that if the weather is bad and the cruise ends up going to New England and Canada, I'll still be happy because I will be on a cruise and I will be on such a great ship (the Explorer). I am wondering if the hurricanes that typically ravage the Caribbean make it up to Bermuda as much?

We were on the Voyager last Sept. Just after labor day. We spent 2 nights in NYC first and then 5 nights on Voyager. For the most part weather was good but there was a Hurricane threat to Bermuda and we were only allowed one day there. The ship is supposed to spend 2 days there. We had to be on board by 5:00 that evening and leave due to the high winds and the Voyager being so big. We had a little bit of rocky seas but the capt. took us up off the coast of Nantucket and we bobbed around up there for an extra day. The sea was glass and we saw dolphins, whales and sea turtles...we still had a lovely time.

Archived