Amsterdam Panama Canal Oct. 20?

DaveOKC

I am thinking of booking the Amsterdam Oct 20 sailing for 10 days - S. Carb. including Panama Canal.

Questions - Is this too into hurricane season to do? Any other issues I should be aware off ?

ALso - does the ship now have the Neptune Lounge?

Any Pros and Cons of this trip is appreciated.

DaveOKC

October 20th is fairly late in the hurricane season. And, my understanding is that the southern Caribbean is fairly safe from hurricanes.

No guarantees, of course, but if that were the cruise that interested me, I would take the (small) chance on it.

I am thinking of booking the Amsterdam Oct 20 sailing for 10 days - S. Carb. including Panama Canal.

Questions - Is this too into hurricane season to do? Any other issues I should be aware off ?

ALso - does the ship now have the Neptune Lounge?

Any Pros and Cons of this trip is appreciated.

DaveOKC

Remember that hurricanes are fueled by warm water. While hurricane season extends through November, the late season hurricanes (after mid-September) are typically much less powerful and less common as autumn, and cooler temperatures, arrives.

We are booked on this cruise and there is a roll call on the Roll Call Board for it. It is identified as Oct. 17th cruise as it begins in NYC and then goes on to Fort Lauderdale to pick up more pasengers. I believe the Amsterdam has always had a Neptune Lounge ? The Southern Caribbean is pretty much hurricane free, but you pays your money and takes what comes. Hope you join us.:)

B.

Archived