Cabin Selection

Matt in FL

We are planning a cruise with our son who will be almost one year at the time of sailing. I'm unsure on whether or not to book an inside or oceanview. Also, it seems like my only choice is a cabin with 3 beds even though the baby wouldn't be able to sleep up their. Any suggestions?

I'm not 100% certain of this info., so you should confirm it on the Carnival site.

Based on research I've done for Conquest and Destiny class ships (I think the Inspiration is a different class), the inside cabins are 185 square feet, versus the 220 square feet of the ocean view cabins.

If you look at photos of the cabins, the insides do not have a couch (the rooms are shorter), and the 3rd berth is an upper. The oceanviews do have the couch area.

The question would be, is there enough floor space for a crib or pack-n-play in an inside? I'm trying to recall our inside, and to be honest, I'm not 100% sure. Also, there is less storage in the inside. The baths are identical.

You might want to start a thread (here or maybe on the Carnival board) asking if anyone has had a crib or pack-n-play in an inside cabin. You may get more helpful responses...

Good luck!

Edited because I am a wacko that is answering two different threads at once.

We also had to have a cabin with 3 beds eventhough DS was co-sleeping at the time. They told us it was maritime law, so who knows. We were lucky and got upgraded last time to an oceanview. It was a true blessing because while DS was napping I could look out the window and while we were getting ready DS could look out the window. If you need a crib you do have to ask for it to be set up because we never got one.

I have read on these boards that Royal Caribbean will give you a room that only sleeps two if the baby is under two years old - which is a plus on RCCL right now because they've been offering a special on 3rd/4th passengers, so those larger capacity rooms are probably booked. From what I read, you must do your reservation by phone in order to book this way.

When I sailed on Princess, I did have to have a room with three beds, even though we were only using two for the three of us - but I just asked the room steward to fix it up the way I wanted, and of course he did. I ditto the previous poster about an outside room, even if obstructed, because you end up spending more time in the cabin than on non-baby cruises, so the light is nice. My BIGGEST preference though is a room near the elevators so there isn't as much trouble getting the stroller/child/all the stuff down a long corridor (especially since the room steward's cart is usually blocking some part of the corridor).

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

Archived