alternative dining for kids besides diningroom on summit

Squirtreena

I wanted to pick the late seating but my kids will not want to sit through a meal with us..i would rather take them to eat somewhere first then take them to the kids camp...what are the alternative dining choices for dinner???and what do they serve?:

The alternative dining area is part of the cafe in the evening. They generally have a good selection of basics and it's much less an ordeal for the kids. It is table service. You'll need to make a reservation for that option.

You could also order room service and have them eat in the stateroom.

I believe the pasta station in the cafe is also available in the early evening and on previous cruises that was quite popular with the kids.

You didn't say how old the kids are, but these are some suggestions.

There is also a grill with hot dogs, hamburgers, etc, pizza, and sushi. As previously mentioned they do offer the regular dining room menu in the room during dining room hours. They could eat while your getting ready for dinner. Also, on formal nights the organized groups will feed the kids. There is no buffet on any of the Celebrity ships for dinner. The casual is menu driven but much more relaxed than regular dining room.

The grill is by the pool. You will find it by your nose! The pickles are very good and the french fries are as good a McDonald's IMHO. I think Celebrity also has a children's menu. You might be able to get that in your cabin. Check w/your cabin steward when you board. He will be the one serving dinner in your cabin.

I don't know how young your children are and how picky they are. We never cruised when our children were young and now as adults, they eat anything!

Room service is included. There is a short room service menu with a few basics, but you can also order anything on the dinning room menu from room service during dinning room hours. On most cruises you will also be able to get a table a night or two in early seating, even if "your" table is in late seating - by asking the Asst. Matr'd before dinner (preferably the night before). This might be nice if you want to eat with the kids early a couple nights, but generally eat without them late. They are very accomodating.

The grill (burgers, hot dogs & fries by the pool) closes at 6PM, but pizza, pasta and salad stations in cafe are open till after midnight.

The Sushi Bar is also open from 6:00 to 10:00 P.M. it is located at the rear of the Waterfall buffet resturant next to the casual dinning area.

The selection is very good.

Happy crusing

BobN :) :)

Archived