Adding A Person

molly5

Here's our situation, we have booked a cruise on the coral, June 19th - the 26th. We are 2 adults and 2 children, son will be 18, this is his graduation present from high school. He now wants to bring his girlfriend who is 17. Cruise is paid for, final payment was already due. I called Princess, maximum # of people in our cabin is 4. Is there any possible way to do this, and what would it cost us? I know, I need to call Princess again but they are closed for today, I'll have to wait until tomorrow, and since we are running out of time I need to get this figured out and figured someone on this board would know.

None...you'd have to purchase a seperate cabin since MAX # on Sun Class ship is 4 per cabin...no Family Suite such as on Grand Class ships to accomodate more than 4.

Tony

:rolleyes: Right, I guess I should have added more. I realize we'd have to purchase a separate cabin but you can't for just one person, and she's not an adult, would they let one of the adults transfer our booking to another cabin so there would be an adult? Then, would we have to pay 2 fares?

Possibly...however I would call Passenger Relations first thing tomorrow morning when they open at 9AM EST at 1-800-243-7342 ext 44411 and explain the situation and see what they are willing to do. They may not even be willing to discuss it fully with you because there is money involved and tell you your TA may have to call unless you booked directly with Princess.

good luck!

Tony

Molly... Tony is correct. You can't legally have more people in the cabin than it is designed for. As for booking a separate cabin, you'd have to check with your TA to: a) see if any cabins are available (if the ship is 100% sold out, there's nothing you can do); b) if a cabin is available, book one of the adults into the 2nd cabin.

Note that any changes to a booking after final payment are $50/pp. Princess may not allow you to make these changes but as Tony says, call Princess first thing in the morning but also check with your travel agent to see what (s)he can do to help you.

Just a thought.... Would it really be a good idea to have you son and his girlfriend in the same accomodations? Maybe I am what some will call old fashioned, but it seems to be a lack of wisdom.

Just thinking out loud...

Here's our situation, we have booked a cruise on the coral, June 19th - the 26th. We are 2 adults and 2 children, son will be 18, this is his graduation present from high school. He now wants to bring his girlfriend who is 17. Cruise is paid for, final payment was already due. I called Princess, maximum # of people in our cabin is 4. Is there any possible way to do this, and what would it cost us? I know, I need to call Princess again but they are closed for today, I'll have to wait until tomorrow, and since we are running out of time I need to get this figured out and figured someone on this board would know.

Tell your son you are sorry it is too late to add someone else and besides your expectations were this was to be a family outting.

But if you are calling Princess on Monday, sounds like you have given in. :eek:

I seem to recall reading that PCL offers a plan that 2 singles can book a room and share....Would this be a possibility? I wonder if they allow for so many of these cabins...I read on CC that people book these and hope no one else books as they get the cabin for a double price....

Dh, dd17 and I are planning on going on a cruise in Nov...We are booking an cabin that allows for 4....Can we add 1 before the cruise....if dd decides to bring a friend?

Please share the outcome?

Just a thought.... Would it really be a good idea to have you son and his girlfriend in the same accomodations? Maybe I am what some will call old fashioned, but it seems to be a lack of wisdom.

Wonder what Girlfriend's Mom and Dad think......or maybe they aren't thinking...:rolleyes:

Wonder what Girlfriend's Mom and Dad think......or maybe they aren't thinking...:rolleyes:

Wonder what the boy's parents are thinking.........or maybe they aren't thinking either. :confused: And who will be paying the girlfriends way?

I have to put in my two cents here. Just because they happen to be girlfriend and boyfriend does not make them automatically sleeping together. Alot of teens these days do have the old fashioned values. Trust is the issue here and if the girls parents trust her as well as the guy, I see no reason why they cannot share a cruise together.

I hope princess lets you add her if that is your choice. If not then you at least tried.

Where does the OP say she is allowing them to share a cabin. Did I miss something or maybe you are reading to much into this.

I seem to recall reading that PCL offers a plan that 2 singles can book a room and share....Would this be a possibility? I wonder if they allow for so many of these cabins...I read on CC that people book these and hope no one else books as they get the cabin for a double price....

Dh, dd17 and I are planning on going on a cruise in Nov...We are booking an cabin that allows for 4....Can we add 1 before the cruise....if dd decides to bring a friend?

Please share the outcome?

Adding another person depends on how many people are booked on your cruise. Once they reach the max # of people allowed on the ship no more will be added even if you have 2 peope in a 4 person cabin.

Not meant as a bash and with all due respect, but the OP didn't ask us what we thought about the arrangements, just how he might do it. That is something very personal and not for any of us to judge or comment on.

Archived