Taxi from Heathrow to Liverpool St. train station

You best get quotes beforehand from various airport cab companies as the fares can vary. Liverpool Street is NE central London, so effectively you have to drive either through London or around the orbital motorway.

Timing, I'd guess nearly an hour even though it's only 20 miles!

Prices, with luggage? 4 people, 4 suitcases around £50 ~ $80.

Try:

http://www.londonshuttleservice.com/

I have heard something about a possible train strike. Do you happen to know if the problems have been solved?
Yes' date=' there is talk of a strike; and no, the problems have not yet been solved, AFAIK. There was a negotiating deadline last Friday (28 April), on which the BBC reported. I haven't found any further updates. But this is early days yet, as underlined by how little news there is about this issue over here. Before any strike, there must be a compulsory strike ballot, which takes weeks (by law, the ballot must be by secret postal voting), then the union leadership must decide whether to call a strike, and then notice has to be given of any strike date(s). And on top of all of that, I would be very surprised if any action was more than a periodic one-day strike.

Archived