>>>>>another Guarantee Question<<<<<

flashyfishy

HI,

I BOOKED A GUARANTEE THIS TIME JUST TO SEE IF I WOULD GET AN UPGRADE. LET ME BEGIN BY SAYING I AM PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH THE CABIN IF I DON'T RECEIVE AN UPGRADE. MY QUESTION IS WILL MY CABIN BE ASSIGNED BY SAIL DATE OR IS IT POSSIBLE NOT TO BE ASSIGNED TILL I GET TO THE PORT ON SAILING DAY? I HAVE BEEN CHECKING DAILY ON CARNIVAL'S WEBSITE FOR MY ASSIGNMENT AND IT HASN'T BEEN ASSIGNED. WE SAIL IN 17 DAYS. THANKS FOR ANY REPLIES. :) :) :)

Even if you found it gift method, or on back of sign and sail, it is subject to change right up until you board. Our only guarantee in December changed the morning we sailed....

We were briefly disappointed, and will never "look" again if we book a gty. It is funner to show up and be surprised.

HI,

I BOOKED A GUARANTEE THIS TIME JUST TO SEE IF I WOULD GET AN UPGRADE. LET ME BEGIN BY SAYING I AM PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH THE CABIN IF I DON'T RECEIVE AN UPGRADE. MY QUESTION IS WILL MY CABIN BE ASSIGNED BY SAIL DATE OR IS IT POSSIBLE NOT TO BE ASSIGNED TILL I GET TO THE PORT ON SAILING DAY? I HAVE BEEN CHECKING DAILY ON CARNIVAL'S WEBSITE FOR MY ASSIGNMENT AND IT HASN'T BEEN ASSIGNED. WE SAIL IN 17 DAYS. THANKS FOR ANY REPLIES. :) :) :)

I'm in the same boat, I sail on 05/20 and have received my DOC's no cabin, I check the Carnival website using the gift method, no cabin.

I'm wondering if the fact that I have not been assigned a cabin yet good or bad :confused:

Hi fatcat07 - I'm sailing on 5/20 also. Did you get your docs yet? I got mine. When I look at the back of the S&S ticket after my booking # there are four digits. This is suppose to be your room #. But I'm not sure if it is, because the digits are 1111. This seems like it could be a fill in # for a room that hasn't been assigned yet. I was wondering if yours are 1111 also. Then I would know it was just generic digits, but if you have different numbers maybe this is our room. When I try the gift method it just says guarantee. I know I should just wait, but the anticipation is getting the best of me. :D

I've done the guarantee before also. Sometimes I know my cabin number from the "gift" method or when the docs come in the mail. One time we didn't know until we got to the luggage drop-off and they had to look it up and give me tags. I will say, each time we've had an upgrade from what we originally booked. I'm like you, I would have taken what we booked the upgrade was just a bonus. The last time I did this we went from a 1A guarantee to a 5A with portholes.

Hi fatcat07 - I'm sailing on 5/20 also. Did you get your docs yet? I got mine. When I look at the back of the S&S ticket after my booking # there are four digits. This is suppose to be your room #. But I'm not sure if it is, because the digits are 1111. This seems like it could be a fill in # for a room that hasn't been assigned yet. I was wondering if yours are 1111 also. Then I would know it was just generic digits, but if you have different numbers maybe this is our room. When I try the gift method it just says guarantee. I know I should just wait, but the anticipation is getting the best of me. :D

Hi Queeni,

I am at work now but I will check as soon as I get home :D , I think that my DOC's say GUAR where the cabin # should be located. I will double check when I get home.

Hey come join us at the "Carnival legend roll-call for 05/20/06 :D "

We have quite a lively group and are planning some meet and greets, see you there

:) Thanks fatcat07 - Mine say guarantee too. But I've read here that if you look at the back of the ticket that is for you S&S card the numbers at the bottom read - booking #,four digits, ship #. Supposedly those four digits are the room number. I think they don't tell people, because it can change and if it is a good upgrade they don't want you to be disappionted if it does. This is my first cruise so I'm really not sure, I just read these boards faithfully and look forward to a great time.

I visited the roll call a while ago, but time doesn't allow me to get back there often. I'll have to check it out again. Thanks:D

1111 is a cabin # if you have not been set you will see GTEE on this page.

1111 is a category 1A. did you book a 1A? or IS gurantee???

Its on the back of the sign and sail page on the bottom after the booking number.

Hi seren56 - I posted a question about room 1111 the day I got my docs. I couldn't find it and thought it may not be that great of a room, but I've since found out that it is on the spa deck and is an oceanview. Which would be a HUGE upgrade for me. I did book a IS TBA guarantee. That is why I find it hard to believe that this is my room #. I don't want to get my hopes up and I do realize that it can change, but just the thought of it has me so very excited!:D . My PVP tells me the room is not assigned yet and I hate to bug him. I figure that could decrease my chances for an upgrade. Like I said, this is my first cruise so I really appreciate any kind input from experienced cruisers!

Hey fatcat07 - I just realized we are both sailing 5/20, but on different ships.:D I'm on the Glory. Sorry about the confusion, but you still may be able to find out your room # by looking at the back of the S&S ticket.

Have a great cruise!

Hey fatcat07 - I just realized that your sailing on a different ship. I'm on the Glory. We still both leave on 5/20 though.:D Can't wait!:) Sorry about the confusion.

No problem , enjoy your cruise

I was a little confused because after what Serene56 said I checked cabin # 1111 on the legend and it was inside Riviera

I hope you get to keep your cabin and I hope I am as lucky as you and get a upgrade (and yes I will be happy with any cabin :) )

P.S. I am calling my GF now to have her check my DOC's, come on pick up the phone

Im osrry-- i thought you were sailing the LEgend- thats where the 1A came from.

That is an impressive upgrade.

PS-- most travel agents dont know how to tell if you are assigned. Because they dont see it on paper they he/she will say they dont see anything yet.

is that the number in your documents??

go to carnival web site.. click on gifts on the top tool bar. add anything to your cart. put in you booking # and that particular cabin number.. then scroll down./

You want to see your names. If you dont see your names then it isnt set yet

sorry about the double post, I thought I lost the first one.

Serene56 - I tried it and it says that I can't place an order online for a guarantee cabin. So maybe the 1111 after my booking number is just a fill in number for a guarantee that hasn't been assigned. I would love to be in 1111, because it's there on the S&S ticket I have hope that maybe it is and I just have to prepare myself that maybe it isn't. Thanks for the extra tip to try and figure it out:) I will have to let ya know when I get back where my cabin was.

sorry about the double post, I thought I lost the first one.

Serene56 - I tried it and it says that I can't place an order online for a guarantee cabin. So maybe the 1111 after my booking number is just a fill in number for a guarantee that hasn't been assigned. I would love to be in 1111, because it's there on the S&S ticket I have hope that maybe it is and I just have to prepare myself that maybe it isn't. Thanks for the extra tip to try and figure it out:) I will have to let ya know when I get back where my cabin was.

damn. that means your cabin is NOT set yet. If you are seeing that message you are just parked for now. May 20th sailing you should be assigned by now unless you boooked AFTER final payment came due

You want to see your name-- not that message.

:D it might not have anything to do with it. Its just me and MY theories. everyone has them--lol

my thing is-- whoever pays the most will get upgraded first. so you probably paid a lot more then someone who booked the same guarantee a few months before you. I also seen where people pay in full after final payment and not get their cabins til the last possible moment. How is your sailing selling. (boy- try saying that 5 times fast..lol)

Serene 56 - I don't know how to see if the ship is filling up. I do know the price hasn't changed since I booked it and I do think I paid more than if I would have booked it further out. Thanks for all your help!

Fatcat07 - just curious, do you think the # on the back of your S&S is your room #?

Queenie, ah well then, you will be surprised at the dock I suspect. You MAY have 1111, or you MAY NOT. Or Carnival MAY have changed their website/system in the last couple of weeks and one cannot check online for room assignments, or the planets are not aligned......:rolleyes: Whatever it is, I am sure you will have a terrific cruise.

Archived