>>>>>another Guarantee Question<<<<<

flashyfishy

Queeni-"Thanks fatcat07 - Mine say guarantee too. But I've read here that if you look at the back of the ticket that is for you S&S card the numbers at the bottom read - booking #,four digits, ship #. Supposedly those four digits are the room number. I think they don't tell people, because it can change and if it is a good upgrade they don't want you to be disappionted if it does. This is my first cruise so I'm really not sure, I just read these boards faithfully and look forward to a great time."

Queeni,

Just got back from the Glory and the four digits after the booking number on the ticket were the numbers of my cabin assignment. Weeks before my cruise, I logged onto Carnival every day (several times a day) and tried to use "Modify Booking", and "Upgrade" but it always said GUAR. The Gift method always told me GUAR as well. We booked 4A guarantee and got a 6a oceanview window upgrade. Very happy with this room!:)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok here is my update. I booked a 4A and didn't not know my cabin until the day of sailing. I called the day before we sailed and Carnival said they were still working on assignments. Got to the pier and found out received a 4A. I would not book a guarantee again because I was not able to order anything to my room before sail date and also took more time at pier to get room assignment and re-tag luggage. I ended up two doors down from my sister's room that she had booked (she was able to pick her cabin assignment for the exact same amount) 6 months earlier.

image.php?u=146191&dateline=1148005835mrdood user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_6493714", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Even if you found it gift method, or on back of sign and sail, it is subject to change right up until you board. Our only guarantee in December changed the morning we sailed....

We were briefly disappointed, and will never "look" again if we book a gty. It is funner to show up and be surprised.

Nick

View our May 1 Ecstasy group pics: Click for Pics

Question what happened when you got to the peir did they change your cabin to something bad or back to originally booked with no upgrade?? More info on this please as I have been issued #8217 thru the gift method sailing 8/27/06 booked balcony grnty would like to know what to expect. :o

Ok here is my update. I booked a 4A and didn't not know my cabin until the day of sailing. I called the day before we sailed and Carnival said they were still working on assignments. Got to the pier and found out received a 4A. I would not book a guarantee again because I was not able to order anything to my room before sail date and also took more time at pier to get room assignment and re-tag luggage. I ended up two doors down from my sister's room that she had booked (she was able to pick her cabin assignment for the exact same amount) 6 months earlier.

Unless you get in on a sale-- a set cabin is always more expensive then going guarantee. Sometimes cruiselines have a sail. But dont expect that to be the case for future bookings.

You can order stuff for the cabin--you jsut cant order online buta phone call with a guarantee cabin will make sure the stuff follows you around til the cabin is set.

I do have a curious question--- since you got a 4a which is what you booked--- how early did you book.

I booked over 6 months in advance. My sister booked the same day and they gave her a choice of assigning the room at that time or just waiting on the guarantee. She had hers assigned that day. I chose to keep the guarantee. We paid the exact same fare and it was a guarantee fare. She was able to pick her assignment within all the 4A cabins even with the guarantee price.

I'm thinking that since your bookings were likely tied together for dining that they put you on the same deck thinking that you'd prefer to be close to the other linked booking. Just a thought but it seems reasonable because your cabins ended up so close together.

I'm thinking that since your bookings were likely tied together for dining that they put you on the same deck thinking that you'd prefer to be close to the other linked booking. Just a thought but it seems reasonable because your cabins ended up so close together.

this is not the case.. bookings are linked together for dining purposes only. My kids were booked into a cabin on the Riveria deck and we were on the upper deck.

flashy- My kids booked a guarantee balcony and then there was a sale. upgrade to the higest available-- they took it.

6 months and not a upgrade?? sheesh.

I know that there is no reson to who gets upgraded and who dont. But i also see that whoever pays the most get upgraded first. What was the price difference of the inside compared to when you booked til sailing.

this is not the case.. bookings are linked together for dining purposes only. My kids were booked into a cabin on the Riveria deck and we were on the upper deck.

flashy- My kids booked a guarantee balcony and then there was a sale. upgrade to the higest available-- they took it.

6 months and not a upgrade?? sheesh.

I know that there is no reson to who gets upgraded and who dont. But i also see that whoever pays the most get upgraded first. What was the price difference of the inside compared to when you booked til sailing.

It actually worked exactly opposite to your experience for us on one of our cruises. Cruised with dh's family. His parent's booked a 4C specific cabin, we booked an 8A guarantee and his brother booked a 4A guarantee. His brother ended up with an upgrade to 4C right beside his parents so I believe they do factor in the fact that the bookings are linked at times.

I booked over 6 months in advance. My sister booked the same day and they gave her a choice of assigning the room at that time or just waiting on the guarantee. She had hers assigned that day. I chose to keep the guarantee. We paid the exact same fare and it was a guarantee fare. She was able to pick her assignment within all the 4A cabins even with the guarantee price.

4a is an inside cabin . Did you book 4a gty or IS gty ( inside guarantee)?

This is where the price difference factors in. Lowest cabin for IS gty is 4a.

For example...a BL GTY ( balcony guarantee) is usually $100 cheaper than an

8a Gty . The 8a is the lowest balcony cabin that you can get assigned with a

BL Gty. So you could save $100pp booking BL instead of 8a. Of course, the people that book the 8a gty will probably get the better upgrade if one is available. I am sure that the IS gty would have been the cheaper way to go.

Cruzn:

most ships that is the way to go- On a SPirit class ship by taking a IS category for a balcony guarantee you take a chance of getting on obstructed balcony. Its a small chance but one that most people dont want to take.

Most others by booking a bal guarantee you are already getting an 8A-

I have a question regarding officialtriples. I booked an inside official triple because they are harder to get than doubles and we don't want a rollaway or mattress on the floor for our teenager. I see that guaranteed balconies are quite a deal though and we arent sailing til next April. Can you book an offical guarantee triple? Or do you book a guarantee and find out later that you are in a double with a rollaway? I really want to be sure we are in a real triple or quad before I change to a guarantee for a balcony.

You definitely do take the chance of ending up with a rollaway if booking a guarantee cabin for three with Carnival. If you want a natural triple and you're dead set against a rollaway book a specific cabin.

Well I just called Carnival and they said thats not the case on the Liberty. They said they don't have rollaways on that ship and a triple is either a bed in the wall or a sofa that opens up. Anyone know of anything different for that ship? Maybe since it is newer it is different.

Well I just called Carnival and they said thats not the case on the Liberty. They said they don't have rollaways on that ship and a triple is either a bed in the wall or a sofa that opens up. Anyone know of anything different for that ship? Maybe since it is newer it is different.

Rollaways are not allowed on newer Conqest/Spirit class ships.

To see what cabinhas an upper bed or a sofa bed you want to look at the deck plans.

Inside cabins do not have a sofa so you will always get an upper bed.

Cabins with a * have a convertible sofa= the back comes off and its made into a bed. It does not fold out.

A cabin with a large dot has an upper bed

a large + is two beds and a double convertible bed--- thispulls out and is only available in 6E on the Spa deck.

a square means the cabinhas two twinbeds and an upper bed plus the convertible sofa bed.

Cruzn:

most ships that is the way to go- On a SPirit class ship by taking a IS category for a balcony guarantee you take a chance of getting on obstructed balcony. Its a small chance but one that most people dont want to take.

Most others by booking a bal guarantee you are already getting an 8A-

hmmm....I think you misunderstood my post....

I was talking of two different things when I posted about the IS gty and the BL gty. Please reread it....

If you book a BL gty on a Spirit class ship you will not go to a 7a...this is from my PVP...she has been on 35 different cruises and has worked for CCL for years....

If you book an IS gty and get lucky enough to get a balcony you probably would get an obstructed one.

What I wanted this post to get across was about the inside gty that the orignal poster talked about. If she booked a 4a gty it would cost more than if she booked a IS gty, which by the way, starts at 4a.

Sorry if I worded my first response wrong......

Cruzn

I maybe misunderstood-- and just wanted to make sure the readers are understanding.

I know once upon a time that was the case about booking balcony gurantee.

But think that has changed in the last year.. cos even when looking at their web page- clicking on oceanview you will see a 5a on the older class ships-- that will explain the price difference when booking an oceanview gurantee vs a 6A gurantee. you pay to make sure you dont get a 5A.

Having booked my first 4 cruises as a guarantee and not getting upgraded at all--not even one deck--t will be my luck to get a obstructed oceanview as my guarantee. or placed under a galley.

It was not long ago that someone posted about getting a 5A on a Spirit class ship when they booked an oceanview guarantee. Its rare but it does happen/

:) Sorry, I should have gone back and read which class you were sailing on. We had this issue with a quad on Victory which is a Destiny class and they do use roll aways on those ships.

Thats right about the Destiny class because I have seen it happen if you don't request a specific cabin as an official triple. Thats why I asked about the Liberty (Conquest) class. Apparently it is different :) and by booking the guarantee balcony as a triple I will beceive at least the 8a as a real triple. At least that is what 2 Carnival reps have told me.

Archived