Which Ship and Crown & Anchor Discount

Hi All,

Received a Crown & Anchor card in the mail the other day. It listed

certain sailings and discounts per cabin. I am planning a cruise in January

2007. I have sailed out of Port Canaveral before on the Sovereign.

I want to do the Western Caribbean, should I do the Legend out of Tampa

or Mariner out of ort Canaveral? Which is the nicer ship?

All input will be appreciated. I have to book before June 30 to get the discount.

Countrymoon:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

2007. I have sailed out of Port Canaveral before on the Sovereign.

I want to do the Western Caribbean, should I do the Legend out of Tampa

or Mariner out of ort Canaveral? Which is the nicer ship?

All input will be appreciated. I have to book before June 30 to get the discount.

I just sailed on the Legend out of Tampa in February....I had forgotten what a lovely ship it is ...with an excellent Captain who is the most personable that we have ever sailed with and a wonderful staff and crew...We have sailed on many of the Radiance class ships as well and the Legend is a very "classy" ship with lots of glass...The embarkation and debarkation were very seamless in Tampa...I had felt that we might be making a mistake sailing on this older ship, but it was a wonderful cruise...Elsie

Hi All,

Can you give me some general idea what type of discount you get as a past guest. We've never done RCL and I was toying with a short test cruise (3 or 4 day) to be able to do the past guest party and discount on a longer 7 day :)

I know if varies by ship date and cabin, but a general idea would be nice.

Well, a "discount" isn't an across the board thing (except for balcony discounts for C&C Platinum and Diamond(+) members, who get specific $ off for that). C&A members used to get coupons mailed to them 4 times a year; now it's online. The coupons are for specific $ amounts off listed sailings of specific cruises. The longer the cruise, the larger the coupon amount (usually); the higher the cabin category, the higher the coupon amount (usually). It might vary from $25 off an inside for a 3-night cruise to $250 off a balcony/suite on a 14-night cruise. The coupons are per cabin (not per person, so two C&A members traveling together can't each use a coupon; only one applies for the cabin). I've never been able to figure out a rationale for which dates and ships they choose because sometimes the coupons are obviously for dates that are not selling well, but other times they will be for really popular ships and/or cruise itineraries.

beachchick

Archived