Where can i find a map of Grand Cayman?

mdxter

Hey guys,

I will be visiting the Grand Cayman on Sept. 19, 06 via Carnival Valor. I want to rent a car similar to some other posters here and visit Rum Point and the whole island. I was wondering if you guys know where I can find a street map of the island so I can plan my itinerary. Already seen the sting rays and now ready for something different.

Mdxter

The Lands and Survey department puts out the most detailed map of Grand Cayman. It may be more detailed than you really need.

http://maps.caymanlandinfo.ky/imagemapfiles/gcindex.htm

You can click each box for a very detailed street atlas of the island.

Drew (or anyone who knows), just as a point of reference for our tour in July, could you point out the #'s on that map for where the cruise ships usually tender in, the location of Stingray city, and then Rum Point?

Thanks,

John

OK...

Cruise ships normally tender into Hog Sty Bay in the heart of Georgetown (#29)

Rum Point is at the northeast corner of the North Sound (#120)

Stingray City and the Stingray Sandbar are out in the North Sound, and as such are not in one of the listed boxes.

Thanks Drew, that helps me put the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour in perspective location wise. I was looking in the wrong spot for Rum Point and wasn't sure of the general area of Stingray City.

John

• 2 weeks later...

You can also get some pretty good maps on google images right away so you can start planning your route!

Rum Point is a great spot! You'll enjoy it! But check out Sea Grape Beach also. Totally different atmosphere, and a lot more sand! And actually the night crowd there is totally different than the daytime crowd.

• 4 months later...

Archived