Anyone use 50% off from Sensation 7/16/05 cruise? Help!

JudyKa

I need everyones' input on using their "50% off next cruise letter" resulting from the ill-fated 7/16/05 Sensation cruise that was not able to stop in any of the scheduled ports due to a hurricane. I am trying to use it now on another 5 day cruise out of New Orleans. I have this funny feeling that I might get the run around.

I just need to hear of others' experiences in using this letter on another cruise.....and if they have any good advise for me on using my letter.

Thanks a million.....look forward to hearing from someone.

If you want advice on using the letter why not call Carnival and ask them???????? Why do you think you're going to get the runaround with a Carnival issued letter anyway?

I need everyones' input on using their "50% off next cruise letter" resulting from the ill-fated 7/16/05 Sensation cruise that was not able to stop in any of the scheduled ports due to a hurricane. I am trying to use it now on another 5 day cruise out of New Orleans. I have this funny feeling that I might get the run around.

I just need to hear of others' experiences in using this letter on another cruise.....and if they have any good advise for me on using my letter.

Thanks a million.....look forward to hearing from someone.

You have the letter... and as long as you depart by 12/16 of this year, you should be fine. Just call and see what they say...

We just booked another cruise out of NOLA in Nov. We never got an actual letter saying we would receive 50% off. We booked through a Carnival PVP and I was advised I would have to send a copy of "the letter." I just called the special assistance desk at 1-800-438-6744 ext 70026 and gave them our previous Sensation booking number and they applied the 50% credit. We're going on our cruise for less than $500 :) .

We're hoping that there are no HURRICANES :mad: this time around. The last one really wasn't to fun...

We just booked another cruise out of NOLA in Nov. We never got an actual letter saying we would receive 50% off. We booked through a Carnival PVP and I was advised I would have to send a copy of "the letter." I just called the special assistance desk at 1-800-438-6744 ext 70026 and gave them our previous Sensation booking number and they applied the 50% credit. We're going on our cruise for less than $500 :) .

We're hoping that there are no HURRICANES :mad: this time around. The last one really wasn't to fun...

x-cruiser: Thank you for your kind help with this.....great suggestion! I'll try that also. Congrats on the great price of your new cruise! .....and, surely, no hurricanes in December when we are scheduled....pllllleeeeeeease! =o)

and Legend......... in reply to your terse reply: I have already arranged for a new cruise with a PVP that sounded very confused and unsure......SO, I naturally hung up from him feeling rather unsure about whether we will ever receive our discount......just thought there might be another better suggestion from someone that has experienced using this discount letter and the route they took through the Carnival maze.

Our PVP was also confused about it and suggested we might send the letter so the credit would be applied. I called the special assistance desk, and the discount was applied while I was on the phone with them and I recieved a confirmation e-mail about 3 minutes after handing up. It was absolutely no problem whatsoever.

I to had some reservations about it but Carnival did exactly what they said they would do.

Hope this helped.

I booked with My PVP using my 50% off with no problem, of course I have used the same one for my last 5 cruises, so she was with me when I had to be routed to Galveston from New Orleans after Katrina On the last cruise before Sensation sat for 6 months......so she wasnt confused at all......and since we got 50% off, my friend and I booked a suite.....we needed to pamper ourselves :D

I booked with My PVP using my 50% off with no problem, of course I have used the same one for my last 5 cruises, so she was with me when I had to be routed to Galveston from New Orleans after Katrina On the last cruise before Sensation sat for 6 months......so she wasnt confused at all......and since we got 50% off, my friend and I booked a suite.....we needed to pamper ourselves :D

Know what ya mean.......we had the Cat. 12 last time we cruised on Sensation.....it's nice to have all the extra space. We have scheduled the Cat. 12 on our third cruise which we are trying to use discount letter on.

That's great that you have a PVP that is on top of things. Our new PVP is very nice and I'm sure capable .... just kind of hurried through things and got confused in the process. They changed our PVP's on us after our second cruise...don't know what happened to our first one that skillfully helped us with our Conquest and Sensation cruises. Guess she moved on.

.......and lvtotrval....and Legend: Thanks for your "kind" replies; but I don't profess to be a professional poster on these boards. I'm sorry if I offended your posting rules.....I will try to do better next time.

.......and lvtotrval....and Legend: Thanks for your "kind" replies; but I don't profess to be a professional poster on these boards. I'm sorry if I offended your posting rules.....I will try to do better next time.

WOW!! I read the replies, yours and theirs... I don't think they were being rude at all. Asking for more information, or clarification is not rude. I can't believe you got this upset and so ugly over their comments... my opinion, I'm sorry if that offends your posting rules :p Perhaps you are just a little on edge about this situation??? Because they certainly didn't deserve your response... again, my opinion, as a bystander.

Stop fussin' everybody.

...and remember that text-based conversations always leave something to be desired.

You should have no trouble using your letter, or getting your due even if you don't have the letter.

Call Carnival, as Legend advised.

...and remember that text-based conversations always leave something to be desired.

So true.......I read the whole thread and without voice inflection it's hard to tell but I don't think anyone was doing anything here but trying to help or ask for more info, etc....

To the OP......Just call Carnival....they're not going to give you a 50% off and then not let you use it.....If there is a problem, you can email me direct and I'll help.:)

we also got a 50% off letter for OUR Ecstasy cruise last July due to Hurricane Emily! 5 wonderful seadays! we honestly had a great time;) despite the weather.. alot of folks let it totally RUIN their vacations :rolleyes:

we are leaving in 27 days for our 50% off RE-DO!

we booked a CAt-12 this time and had no issues with using that letter! when i made the resrv they just asked that i send in the letter with my booking number etc on it to the main office. i did so AFTER making a COPY! hehe

i recieved a notificaton in the mail a few weeks later stating the 50% off price!

27 days till a Cruise to SOMEWHERE! *we hope* :eek: :p :eek:

So true.......I read the whole thread and without voice inflection it's hard to tell but I don't think anyone was doing anything here but trying to help or ask for more info, etc....

To the OP......Just call Carnival....they're not going to give you a 50% off and then not let you use it.....If there is a problem, you can email me direct and I'll help.:)

Thanks, Randy.....I'll keep this in mind. Appreciate your offer of help. =o)

Texasmom: Makes me feel better hearing you say that you got a letter after a few weeks stating your discount. Guess I just needed to hear of people having good results from using the discount letter and how they went about using it with their next cruise just to compare notes. I'll just have to wait and see .....and be more trusting......

I also enjoyed our 5-day cruise-to-no-where on the Sensation last July...we went on the cruise personally not expecting really to be able to dock anywhere due to the hurricane. We thought we would schedule this new cruise in December to try and stay away from hurricane season; however, we may go back to cruising in the summer again hopefully after a couple of calm summers exsist in the Gulf again.......I hope.....I hope.......live in Mississippi here. =o)

i never even got my "letter" I guess my PVP just knew or it was in my "history" or something, I just know it was a breeze to get my 50% off, I just cant wait to get on my cruise!!! i need it NOW!! :p or yesterday!

Tina:D

That's great, Tina......and knooooooow what ya mean about needing the cruise NOW! ....or yesterday!

Archived