what's up with the times on this board?

prettybeth

I just noticed the time it says I am posting is 5 hours ahead of the time here. Where is this board originating? Alaska? Europe? Anyone know what is up with that? Also, anyone see if there is a place that shows you who else is logged in like the old boards used to show?

Hi Beth!

I discovered yesterday how it works. You can change your time zone depending upon where you are, to include Daylight Saving if appropriate.

Go into User CP, above and then click on Edit Options. Somewhere down that page there is a place you can change your time zone. I think it defaults to GMT (UST), so that is why your clock is out.

Hope that works for you.

Phil

Hi Phil,

thanks for the info. I thought perhaps for once things were on your time! How are you? I feel really out of the loop from having the parents here and not getting to play on the boards! Any news from Shelly? I guess maybe now that she cruised, she isn't checking in here as much. Either that or she fell off the boat! Well, off to try to change the time zone and then I really am going to get off this computer (been on for nearly 7 hours working and playing). Nice to actually communicate with you at the same time tonight!

just checked into roll calls and was looking back here once more before leaving and saw your note. Guess maybe I will get the last word tonight/today huh? Off to work, off to bed. I will soon be on your schedule, cannot wait!

Beth

Beth, the only thing I have found for who is on line would be on the main page of the Cruise Critic Message Boards, just keep scrolling down and you find a list of all the people who are on line. There is also that round button next to our names when we post, AND when I am on line my little AOL/AIM logo appears, arn't these new boards fun?

Thanks Phil for the info on how to change my times from GMT to Eastern Daylight Savings time. It feels more comfortable to me now.

Wonder why they have the postings blue on blue? Poor eyesight, color blindness, etc. would make reading these new postings much harder. Why not put the print in black? Also, Phil, do you know how to change the print into other colors?

Thanks for all of your "tech" knowledge, Phil.

Deb, you are welcome. My technical expertise is limited, I have to say, but I do know how to change font colours etc. You will need to go into User CP again and Edit Options. Right down at the bottom is the Message Editor Interface. You want the last option (Enhanced). Providing your browser supports it ok, once selected you will have more options, including changing text, colour, underline, bullet points. Just like you get on MS Word. Hope this works ok.

Phil

Archived