~ ~ ~ V I G O ~ C A D I Z ~ ~ ~

Does anyone know of any reputable private drivers that you might recommend in Vigo and Cadiz, Spain????

Can't help with Vigo or private driver,but I will say Cadiz is a great walking town.You can follow the yellow or red lines(can't remember the color) that will give you a great walking tour,and it's really easy.Shopping for leather items there is also excellent.Lot's of places along the way to stop and eat/drink/rest as well.

Maybe if you said where you were thinking of travelling to from/in these towns it would help.

CADIZ has a hop on/off bus which goes around the outskirts of the old town and up to the newer town.

Its approx 5-10 mins walk to the train station in one direction, 10 max to the bus station. Depends whether you are docked next to the gate or across the way. As Cadiz is the transport hub for the south of this region, you can travel anywhere you like by both train and bus. You can usually see the train station from the ship.

And to get to the old town you simply exit the port and cross the street. Theres very little traffic allowed in the old town as the streets are narrow, its mostly pedestrianised.

• 4 weeks later...

We are also looking for a taxi or private car transfer from Vigo port to Santiago de Compostela. Any suggestions? Is there a row of taxis at the port when the ship docks and has anyone used these to take them to Santiago?

• 1 month later...

To get to my city you don´t really need a taxi. It´s quite a long way (78 kms) and fare could be really expensive. There will a row of taxis outside the port of Vigo. I recommend you the train. There are a service in each direction at each hour. And it will cost you less than 15 dollars return. The train station in Vigo it´s a about 20 minutes walking, but you have to climb, so I recommend you a taxi to the station. The train lasts about 1.30 minutes to get to Santiago.

While in my city distances are not really big and the old town is about 15 minutes walking. Not really exhausting, but you have to be able to walk properly for the whole thing. In case you need private transfer, I recommed you http://www.autosgonzalez.es

http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html

Spanish railway system

http://www.santiagoturismo.com/

Santiago tourist board. Have a nice time over here. Should you need further information do not hesitate in asking.

Archived