to anyone who has been on the BOB excursion.....

I wore flip flops to their boat and went barefooted on Bob. Your feet do not touch bottom while bobbing. You will love this experience (we went twice!). Be sure and take an underwater camera and they will take your pictures. If you are lucky they will go to the "fishy" place instead of the "coral" place--much better pictures!

No need for any foot covering while on BOB. You place your feet on the sides of the vehicle on foot ramps and keep them there the entire time for safety reasons. While off BOB, you are either barefoot on boat or snorkeling with fins (provided by ) tour in water. Only need shoes, flipflops to get you to the BOB boat and back. THIS WAS AN AWESOME EXCURSION!!!!! Enjoy!!

Camreesmom: No need to be a swimmer to do the BOB, in fact we had a non-swimmer with us who did just fine. The staff on BOB ask who can swim and who can't - those who can't are able to climb down the stairs off back of boat to get into BOB with diver right next to you the entire time, guiding your way. The snorkel vest helps as well.

I wore aqua socks when I did the BOB excursion but only because I brought them with me. Most of the other folks went barefoot. It is really a unique experience and when I had the photos that they took of us when we were underwater developed, the store asked if they could make a copy of one of the photos and post it in the store as the "Photo of the Week". As an incentive they gave me a free 5x7 copy. Everyone who sees the photo is impressed by this unique excursion. I even kept my contacts in when I did it and had no problems. I strongly recommend this excursion to anyone who goes to St. Thomas.

We did this excursion just last week, it was a blast but not long enough. They will provide crackers for you to eat so we brought some in the water when we snorkeled to feed the fish, but they do want you to bring the wrappers back on board (they are very protective of polluting the ocean) but the crackers attracted alot of fish and made the excrusion extra fun.

No need for water shoes.

We went to altantis in Nassau and they offered this excursion there too.

Did you have to fill out a health questioneer to ride the BOB? They have the same precautions as diving, right? I had a punctured lung when I was 14 from a car accident In recent years I have been having trouble getting someone to take me diving. I have been diving a couple of times without problems. My Doctor gave me a ok, written, and my last x ray showed no scar tissue. It has been over 30 years since my accident. On our last cruise to Cozumel all the dive shops wanted me to see a Doctor in Mexico prior to going out with them. I could always lie on the questioneer, but I don't think this would be a good idea. The BOB excursion looks like fun. I would like to try it someday. Carla

Has anyone booked with bobusvi.com? We were looking at doing BOB(St. Thomas) that was listed through RCCL...so I'm wondering if its cheaper go book through them directly. Also, how did you guys book? I checked the website and couldn't find where to book...thanks!

We booked thru RCI. I asked "BOB" about booking independently. It is possible to do but it is the same price. RCI (and probably the other cruise lines) guarantee them so many so they kind of have an arrangement. Another reason for booking through the cruise line is that if for any reason you have to cancel or are late (this happened to us on one booking with BOB) then you are OK. If you book independently, you lose.

Archived