Back to back cruises on Tahitian Princess

dot73

I am thinking of taking back to back cruises on the Tahitian Princess (Cook Islands and Marquesas) in January/February. Has anyone done this? Does Princess offer any kind of a discount or do you pay for each cruise separately? Did you find that 20 days was too long in Tahiti? I am looking forward to your comments?

WE have been planning to go Feb 5th and Feb 15th B2B on the

Tahitian for quite a while now because of the two itineraries. We just returned from B2B on the Regal Amazon cruise and now are re-thinking this trip. The Regal was our first experience on a smaller ship and our first experience with traditional dining for many years, we are really personal choice dining fans because of the flexability. We felt that there was not enough choices of dining, entertainment and bar venues for the 24 days we were onboard the Regal...we loved the cruise and being on a ship that long was not the problem it was just the lack of variety on the smaller ship, and the Tahitian is even smaller than the Regal. But, everyone that I have spoken to that has done the Tahitian Princess cruise always say that they loved the ship and the cruise was the best and they can't wait to do it again, so that does say alot about the experience. We are so conflicted about this right now, but we are thinking we will do a single cruise in May 07 on the Tahitian Princess, but this could change numerous times before we actually go. We visited Tahiti a few years ago while we were on a 30 day cruise on the Sapphire Princess LA to Sydney and have wanted to go back ever since...it is a beautiful, magical place. Sissy

We sailed on Tahitian Princess last summer. On the last day of the 10 day cruise my husband and I went to the pursers desk to see if we could stay on for another 10 days. Unfortunately all cabins were sold. 20 days on Tahitian would never have been too much for us...more the opposite....not enough time.:) I would definately do b2b if you don't mind small ships. Tahiti has been the highlight of all our vacations. Planning Hawaii-Tahiti for 2007.

Di

This is exactly why we are so conflicted about what to do...everyone we have talked with that has done the Tahiti cruise has loved it. We have already spent 3 days there on the way from LA to Sydney and and knew that we had to have more time in paradise. We are so afraid that if we only book one cruise we will have the same feelings as it comes to an end and wish we had booked B2B...we will have to do a little more research and alot more thinking before we book. Sissy

I have been planning a month-long vacation in 2007 to celebrate my 50th birthday. I have been lucky enough to get the time off work. I currently have a deposit on HAL's 30-day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in January. However, since I've started reading about Tahiti, I am seriously considering switching to a back-to-back Tahiti cruise and leaving Hawaii for a future cruise. From reading these boards, there seem to be a lot of return cruisers for this itinerary. I am not thrilled with the long flight to Tahiti (Toronto - Los Angeles - Tahiti). The HAL cruise only consists of a flight (less than five hours) to San Diego. Maybe I'll put a deposit down on this one also, and then I'll have until November to make up my mind which one to take. Decisions, decisions ...

Dot73,

We are doing the BTB Jan16th and 26th. There are several on our roll call doing a BTB. This will be our first BTB, and we are looking forward to 20 days in paradise.

When is your birthday? Mine is Jan 20th and it will also be the big 50. 1957 was a good year! We would love to have you join us. Let us know what you decide.

Cindy

dot7

Thank you for the welcome, Cindy. My birthday isn't until June but I thought I would start celebrating early. My TA called me this afternoon with the numbers and I told her to put a deposit on the cruises. I now have two reservations, one on HAL and one on Princess. I really should make up my mind soon. A friend from work just came back from Tahiti and absolutely raved about it. I'll join the roll call once I make up my mind.

We are booked on BTB Tahition Princess Jan 6 and Jan 16, 2007. We were on the Tahitian in 2003 for the 10 day Cook Islands itinerary and we just loved the cruise and the South Pacific. We're not at all concerned about 20 days on this ship.

Barry

Archived