Zuiderdam questions

wineandbeach

isis which zuiderdam western caribbean cruise are you going on? i'm on the z for a w. carib cruise on 7/10. 15 days to go! can't wait!

anyhow, from what i've heard on these boards you can start arriving to the pier at around 11 am. they start checking in around 11:30 am. lunch in the lido buffet is served around 12 pm. and they will let you in your cabin around 1 pm

hope that helps!

JSTDucky: Thanks for the info. We leave tomorrow. Can't wait!

One more question: We are not in a suite but would like to send some things out to get pressed. Has anyone done this and had the stuff back in time for the first formal night? What is the cost for pressing?

If you send out things for pressing and want them back for first formal night, be sure to tell that to your steward. I always leave the bag with the completed laundry slip on our bed when we leave the cabin in the morning...unless I want something back quickly. Then I make sure to hand it to our steward and ask for "fast" return of the item.

I don't remember the actual prices, but cleaning and pressing charges on the Zuiderdam seem VERY reasonable to me. You can request "express" service for anything you need back very quickly.

As far as which nights are formal- these generally fall on sea days, so I'd expect that Monday and Thursday would be your formal nights.

Last summer we boarded at 11:30, I think. Very easy process.

The formal nights were sea days; the informal was the port we left early, Cozumel.

We docked at Mallory Square ( actually slightly south). If you watch the sun rise from your verandah, you can also watch Key West slide into view. Lovely.

Wish I were going with you.

Archived