First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

Thanks! It sure is a struggle though. I have always liked to eat large amounts of all the wrong foods.:D I find there are certain habits hard to break. The best I can do is have my "pig out" on saturday(weigh in day), and try not to let it slip into Sunday. The rest of the week I stuggle with portion control so I can eat the kinds of food I like.

Have a great week!

Judy

Hi all, My husband and I weighed in to Weight Watchers tonight. My husbands first time and I am finally getting back on track from last September. I really would like to lose 25 to 30 lbs by our cruise on May 19th. It is nice to see these boards for weight loss before a cruise.

Hi Everyone,

I haven not been around in quite a while. This is my busiest time of year for work and I am out straight...but I am still on plan ( I have lost 54.2 so far)

It is no nice to see less of you all ( virtually ) LOL. Everyone is doing a bang up job. Judy ( JP46) is doing fabulous. Judy and I are best friends, even tho we live 300 miles apart. I have know her for 25 years and we have battled this bulge for each and every one of those minutes!!! This time tho, by george, I think we have got it!!! I have not seen her look this good and she is still going. You go girl!!

Have a great week everyone.

Kim

Morning,

Everyone seems to be going great this year on WW!

I had my WI and 1.3 lbs down (21.5 all together) . I am finding it harder to stay on track the longer we get into this. I would assume thats normal. I have another 72 days before my first cruise of the year and still would like to loose at least another 20. :confused:

I'm considering joining Weight Watchers and need to lose about 100 pounds....is that the only place to get a listing of points? or is that available somewhere online? Thanks in advance.

I too had 100lbs to lose. I joined WW the first of Aug. So far I have lost 54.2 lbs and to be quite truthfull, I don't think I could have done it without the support of the meetings. Just the tips and all the info you get from them is invaluable. Alos everyone there is in your shoes. You don't have to feel like you are alone in the battle. No one judges.

Whatever your choice good luck. The biggest part of the battle is making the final commitment. Once you make your mind up this plan is the bomb!!! I wish I had know how easy it was earlier...I wouldn't have wasted so much time.

The support on this thread is also great so stay in touch.

Kim

I just finished my first week of WW. It was actually a little easier than I thought it would be. I had my reward when I was down 3.2 lbs at my second weigh in. Counting the points works best for me since I have to actually record and figure out what I eat. It makes me think twice when I see what a food "costs" in points. Luckily, I do love salads so I can eat a lot of that!

I have just over 7 weeks til my cruise. I have way more weight to lose than I can lose in 7 weeks but at least I can look and feel a bit better.

Hi! I am fairly new to the boards, and new to this forum. I am on week 5 of WW. I lost 11 on weeks one and two. NOTHING on weeks three and four, and this is the 1st day of week 5. I am losing not only for my trip, but for my health and so on. My total loss goal is 47 pounds. I just want to lose as much as I can before I cruise in April. I do NOT plan to count points on the trip. Is that terrible? But I will get back on track afterwards. Good luck to you all! I look forward to getting to know you!

I lost all my weight with Weight Watchers in 2005-Jan 2006 and I have been on several vacations and I do not count points on vacation. I try to stay relatively in control with my eating most of the time on vacation, but I do have days while we're away when I just go all out. The key is to get right back to your usual Weight Watchers routine when you return home. That's been key for me to not regaining my weight. And I'm so active when I go away with walking and activities, that I don't really gain weight when I go away. Perhaps a couple of lbs that show the first few days I'm back, but then it's gone by my first Weigh-in after returning.

I lost 115lbs with WW and I swear by it as a way to live for the rest of my life without feeling deprived.

Good luck with your goals and have a blast on your cruise!

Hi! I am fairly new to the boards, and new to this forum. I am on week 5 of WW. I lost 11 on weeks one and two. NOTHING on weeks three and four, and this is the 1st day of week 5. I am losing not only for my trip, but for my health and so on. My total loss goal is 47 pounds. I just want to lose as much as I can before I cruise in April. I do NOT plan to count points on the trip. Is that terrible? But I will get back on track afterwards. Good luck to you all! I look forward to getting to know you!

I with you on this one. I am cruising the end of April for 2 weeks and I don't plan on counting either. I amhoping that with being aware of what I am eating and walking as much as I can I won't do too much damage!!!

Kim

Hi everyone, I weighed in today and I gained 1 pound, but I have not been in 5 weeks and I was weighing myself at home. I was up 6 pounds at home so I know I actually lost 5 pounds. I am back on track now. 15 more to go for my trip to California on May 19. Have a great day:)

Hi everyone, I weighed in today and I gained 1 pound, but I have not been in 5 weeks and I was weighing myself at home. I was up 6 pounds at home so I know I actually lost 5 pounds. I am back on track now. 15 more to go for my trip to California on May 19. Have a great day:)

I had posted a reply to this last week but it didn't make it.

Anyway, Shelia I hear you!!! I gained a pound last week too. I stepped it up this week and ate all my points ( that is my problem ) and this week I lost 3.6. I think I had a loss last week but it just didn't show because of water retention. I had ham for supper the night before weigh in. I didn't realize that the sodium could make you retain that much water!!!

Anyway have a great week everyone.

Kim

hello everyone, I am the same this week which is fine. I am just really struggling with getting motivated again. You know how it is when you really hit that losing cycle week after week. I just cant get it started again. I exercise my rearend off but I guess there has to be a plateue sometime. I get it rollin again, hopefully soon. Have a great day everyone.

I started WW last week Monday (decided to do it on my own without meetings) and have been really good sticking to my points etc.

I have been walking more than usual and using my pedometer which motivates me to walk more.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a good WI for me.

I attended at work meetings a couple of years ago and lost 25lbs so I know it is a program that works:D if I stick with it:D

Just found this thread tonight, read a couple of the first pages and then skipped to Jan 2007. We are cruising in September and I would like to loose 30lbs by then with a total of 55lbs:eek:

Hi to everyone. I too have been a lifetime WW member since like forever ago but now 20LBS over goal! YIKES! Several factors have played a big part in this ( two major back surgeries, marriage, menopause at age 44, Katrina and on and on) but the biggest part starts at the elbow bending to the mouth! I just started back now on week 5 and the weight loss is slowwwwww. I've shed 6.4 lbs which I know is a healthy rate but like all I want it gone now!!!!

Glad I fell onto this posting! Congratulations to all of you that are here for the same reason. And I can attest that the WW program does work if you work it! Easier said than done eh???

I also go on a cruise once a year with a group of about 30-40 people and just went Nov. 06 and will be going 12/8/07 on the Carnival Liberty out of Fort Lauderdale. Been on all out of N.O. so we are trying different ports this time. Is anyone else going on that one??? Would be neat to have fellow WW on board as well. I have actually been on cruises in the past and came back either the same or with a lb or two weight gain so it can be done. The healthy choice meals most ships offer really help as well as the low cal, sugar free desserts everynight.

Good luck to you all as we trudge the road to smaller clothes and healthier bodies!! Keep on keeping on and I hope to do the same! Size 8 by December!!!!~

Queenie

(don't let the name fool you, its a joke a friend of mine started! way beyond conceited and thinking I am royalty!!!) :)

Hay everyone I have been lurking around this board for about a month reading all of the inspirational post from people just like me trying to lose before they cruise. Well I have another reason as well. I am getting married on Vision of the Seas on October 7 and I AM going to look HOT!! I have 31 more pounds to lose to be at goal. I have been going it alone at home being really good and watching my points. I come here for insperation when I need it! I am hosting Easter dinner at my house this year so as to watch exact point values but here lies the problem. All my food is WAY to many points. =-( does anyone have any good recipies?

Thanks for the help

Amber

I can relate to this. I have been a lifetime member for about 8 years now. I also gained 27 lbs above my goal weight. I can relate to wanting it off right now. So far I have lost 16 lbs. I started going to meetings again last spring. I did mess up a little bit a couple months during the holidays. I am hoping I can get off 22 more lbs off before May 19th when we sail on the new Royal caibbean's Liberty of the Seas. We'll see. Whatever I get off before then will be good though. I am going to keep on track when I get off the ship and keep it off this time. I love WW.

Kim~

Thanks for the response I am looking for more traditional recipes as far as (main dish) but either would be fine for side dishes!

Amber

What are your traditional dished? Everyone has something different for Easter. We just usually go with turkey cause it is very loved in our house and that is fine with me as it can also be very easy on points.

Let us know what your usuall menu is and we will see if we can help you tweak it.

Kim

Archived