First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

Signed up for ww tonite. 2 hour meeting. It sure seems like you have to eat an awful lot of food to reach those points if you eat healthy. I dont like healthy foods, if I eat I only want junk.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Once you get into it you won't want to eat the 'junk food' you will feel healthier and look it too:D

I love snacking and make them healthier now and still keep points for my dessert and SF FF puddings everyday:eek:

Can any of you helpful CC'ers tell me how many AP's are in:

60 min fast walk

30 min jog

30 min bike

all at a good pace? I once heard that if you can sing "God bless America" and then stop at that point to draw your next breath before "land that I love," you're going at the right pace.

Thanks!

Carla,

First time on this thread! Saw your post! Girl, you are doing a GREAT job. (saw the pic) Keep up the good work! WW really does work-- and I've been bad lately!! Trying to get there for my May 7th sailing on the Carnival Fascination!!

Amy

Most Americans don't like to eat healthy. I'm a very picky eater, too but there are companies making healthier alternatives these days that are good for you, too. Of course on vacation I don't eat healthy 100% of the time because life's just too darned short to count points on vacation and holidays, but on normal days, eating healthy is important to my overall health and wellbeing and I feel better and happier with myself when I do. It doesn't have to mean all bean sprouts and veggies though. Just less fast food and processed garbage.

And, while doing WW now for over 2 years pretty successfully, I find that when I eat whole, less-processed foods and less snacks, I can eat MORE POINTS to maintain my weight. Yes, I can eat MORE.

Like I said, I am a very picky eater and not a big veggie girl, so I eat alot of the few veggies I like (leafy salads, seedless cukes, broccoli, pickles) and I've introduced alot of lean, trimmed chicken, bison meat (MUCH better than beef and almost as low point as chicken), tilapia and soy meat substitutes which I have found VERY tasty when making mixed meals like jambalaya, lasagna, ziti, etc. Lightlife Gimme Lean and Yves make good ground meat substitutes and soy is very healthy in moderation for you.

Well, our docs came yesterday! I'm thrilled. I had gained about 5lbs back over the winter and was not pleased going into this cruise not ready for my tankinis and flesh-baring clothes, but I've lost it back and am working on another 3lbs before the cruise. Less than 5 weeks to go now! Woo hoo!

Can any of you helpful CC'ers tell me how many AP's are in:

60 min fast walk

30 min jog

30 min bike

all at a good pace? I once heard that if you can sing "God bless America" and then stop at that point to draw your next breath before "land that I love," you're going at the right pace.

Thanks!

I have a "points booster" and according to it the 60 min fast walk which I called "moderate" for my weight (155) would be 3 pts. 30 min jog would be "high" for 4 pts. And the bike which for me would count as "low" would be 1 pt.

Low = can talk and sing easily

moderate = can talk but it is difficult to sing

high = can not hold a conversation or sing

Amy~ thanks!

Crznmay~ is WW still encouraging strength training in the first few weeks? I just lifted weights for 30 minutes and thought: this is going to pack the weight on!

Hope everyone is having a happy, OP day... :)

Amy~ thanks!

Crznmay~ is WW still encouraging strength training in the first few weeks? I just lifted weights for 30 minutes and thought: this is going to pack the weight on!

Hope everyone is having a happy, OP day... :)

Activity is introduced in week three for people just starting. There is no specific activity required. What weight training does is build muscle. Muscle doesn't actually weigh more that fat that is a myth. A pound is a pound. What muscle does is make your body more efficient so it burns calories better. Also 1 lb of muscle take up less room than 1 lb of fat. So even though the scale may not move the size of your clothes will. I always recommend that people that are just starting take measurements of their body the first week and then once a month after that.

Another note on building muscle - when you feel soreness then your body may be retaining water. That said do not take it badly if the scale is up when you are sore. It is your bodies way of getting the muscle repaired.

Hope I helped.

Hi everyone, I am excited about this site and wanted to just share a few things. Make sure you drink your water, and take the oil. I have been doing good on this plan. If you hit a platue try the wendie plan. It is wonderful to jump start your body into losing weight. Her web site is http://www.stormpc.com/ww.wendie_plan. Keep up the good work.

:p Down .2

I'm hoping for a better loss next week after tom is over. How are you all doing today?

I saw a post get bumped from here earlier. Funny the same person used to post on the WW.com site and got kicked off there too. Devised her own "weight loss" plan and tries to preach it all over. Stick with the real WW plan you are much better off.

Hope you are all feeling great and OP today!

I stayed the same this week:(

I have been OP so I guess it is TOM coming to visit:D :eek:

i stayed the same this week as well, only I don't have any visitors anymore so that does not work for me. I leave on Thrusday for our cruise to Hawaii. I will check back in when we get home and let you know the damage!!!!:eek:

Kim

i stayed the same this week as well, only I don't have any visitors anymore so that does not work for me. I leave on Thrusday for our cruise to Hawaii. I will check back in when we get home and let you know the damage!!!!:eek:

Kim

Hope you have a wonderful cruise to HI, never mind the diet just enjoy, have fun and make memories:D

Wish I was going sooner:eek:

Activity is introduced in week three for people just starting. There is no specific activity required. What weight training does is build muscle. Muscle doesn't actually weigh more that fat that is a myth. A pound is a pound. What muscle does is make your body more efficient so it burns calories better. Also 1 lb of muscle take up less room than 1 lb of fat. So even though the scale may not move the size of your clothes will. I always recommend that people that are just starting take measurements of their body the first week and then once a month after that.

Another note on building muscle - when you feel soreness then your body may be retaining water. That said do not take it badly if the scale is up when you are sore. It is your bodies way of getting the muscle repaired.

Hope I helped.

Thanks so much. I always figured they introduced AP's later in the game because they don't want to increase appetite in the beginning and because people don't need another set of numbers to add and subtract.

It's all very, very new to me as I have only been on WW 100,000,000 times, as opposed to some people who have been on it 300,000,000 times :eek:. But this week has been very good to me! Stayed OP, which is to say about 3 points over every day, two OP days, and then one 12 over day- good thing for the WPA's. Everything else was just great. I'm very proud of myself right now :).

Down 4. YAY. Happy Thursday, everyone :).

It's all very, very new to me as I have only been on WW 100,000,000 times, as opposed to some people who have been on it 300,000,000 times :eek:. But this week has been very good to me! Stayed OP, which is to say about 3 points over every day, two OP days, and then one 12 over day- good thing for the WPA's. Everything else was just great. I'm very proud of myself right now :).

Down 4. YAY. Happy Thursday, everyone :).

Carla, that's a great loss, hope you have another great week, week after week:)

Hi,

Just wanted to let yall know I made it through my first week, Had a hard time trying to acquire 16 points a day. I am not used to eating and I was always miserable from eating. I weighed last night and after all that eating I only lost 1.6 pounds. Hopefully when my body gets adjusted to food, I can lose more. I feel like a bloated pig all day. Any good eating tips for someone always on the road in the car or at desk 24/7. No refrigerator or microwave, so it has to be bagged?

Hi,

Just wanted to let yall know I made it through my first week, Had a hard time trying to acquire 16 points a day. I am not used to eating and I was always miserable from eating. I weighed last night and after all that eating I only lost 1.6 pounds. Hopefully when my body gets adjusted to food, I can lose more. I feel like a bloated pig all day. Any good eating tips for someone always on the road in the car or at desk 24/7. No refrigerator or microwave, so it has to be bagged?

I posted a long reply for you yesterday but it went to lala land:(

Great going for your week 1:)

Pack lots of fruit to take with you:D

Hi,

Great Job on your first week!

I have several insulated coolers and lots of the ice packs. On a typical day I will eat breakfast before leaving the house (usually shredded wheat with banana and ff milk). In my cooler - for morning snack 1 pc of fruit, lunch usually leftovers for example brown rice, steamed brocolli and chicken breast from the last nights dinner, afternoon snack a pc of fruit and maybe a ff yogurt. Throw in an ice block and you are all set. Most things can be eaten cold and taste very good. Does anyong you work with bring their lunch? No break room or anyplace you can go to heat things up? There are also some tortillas you can buy that make good lunches. La Tortilla factory garlic herb, one is 0 pts and 2 are 1 pt. That is something you can eat cold.

Hope that helps.

I'll tell ya. 16 pts a day would be a breeze for me to hit. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that someone is on WW because they don't eat enough. I must confess I'm actually a little jealous. I would love to "have" to eat more. Just sayin.:o

Thanks for the good info. They tell me that the reason I am so big is that I have not ever eaten. I just never have for at least , as long as I can remember. I guess now that I am 50 it fat has deceided to pack on the middle section and with my heart being bad they are not pleased with the excess belly. I use to go to the gym but they made me quit as I have a bad valve that can only be repaired with a new heart. The valve is inside of the heart. * guess I will muddle through this but I just don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. My stomache just looks and feels full all day now.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Where did ya'll go????

Well had a great time on the cruise. Loved loved loved all the sea days.

I tried to be good, stayed away from the croissants, bacon, butter and the sugary lemonade. Drank mostly water and walked everyday and took the stairs most of the time ( except when I was in strappy shoes)....and gained 9 lbs!!!!!!:eek: I hate to think what I would have gained if I had eaten the way I usually would.

We got home after a very long flight, on Sunday night and I weiged in on Monday. I thought I better do it or risk more weight gain. It was a good thing I did cause the nesxt Monday was a holiday and no weigh in. It would have meant two more weeks and that would have been a disaster. So this Monday will tell how much of that 9 was water. I am hoping for half.

Everyone has been doing great. How is it going since I left. Come on..get posting!!

Kim

Archived