First day of Weight Watchers

nkdelgado

Hi, Linda -

2 lbs/wk is aggressive, but certainly possible. I've been averaging a little better than 2 lbs/ wk, but I've been doing this for just 14 weeks so far. Still, it would certainly be possible to lose 40 or more by then - - imagine how much better you are going to look and feel when you do!

dan

I'm new to this board, but I have been doing WW since January. I have lost 24 pounds and would like to get the other 50 lbs. off by my January 20, 2008 cruise on the Carnival Destiny. I had a little bit of a set back because we spent 11 days on a Princess Alaska Cruisetour in mid-June and I gained 6 lbs. I had 4 off the next week and I lost the other 2 this week, so I'm back to where I was before the cruise. It's amazing how fast it comes on and how slow it comes off. LOL!!! I'm back on track now (I hope) and now I need to get back into my exercise routine.

I wish everyone the best in reaching their cruise weight loss goals!

It really does come on quickly if you've just recently lost the weight - but you lost it pretty quickly, too! Congrats for getting back on track!!

Welcome all the newbies:) ;)

Today 10 weeks till we leave for our pre-cruise in Seattle and I finally reached 25lbs gone - it has been a long tedeous process and I cannot believe I have been on WW and been good for so long and loosing so slowly, I would like to loose another 15 before we leave but I guess I will need to start excercizing for that to happen.

DH is down 37lbs and feels so much better, he has another 10 -15 to go too so hopefully we get there.

You all sound like you are doing amazingly well:)

I am also A newbie to this board but not new to weight watchers. I love the program but can't seem to get and "STAY" motivated lately even with losing 13 lbs so far. I saw that this board has been going on since May of last year!! How great is that!!

I am trying to loose about 20 more lbs before Sept 30th so I really need to get it together!! So I will be reading ya'll old post and hope to be chatting with all you guys!!

Have a great day!

Hi all. I thought I would give you all encouragement. I had lost 100 pounds on WW, but last March some weight crept on a bit. I went on a cruise last July and put on more. I was 10 pounds over, but I caught myself and have lost 4 pounds of the ten I gained. I have six to go which is very hard to do. When I started WW I hit the gym at the same time. I have stayed commited to exercise which helps a great deal. I can actually say I am now obsessed with exericise. At close to 230 pounds I could barely move around the machines, but now I am doing classes like the spin class and kick boxing. I'm actually happy with my tone body for the first time in a long time. To all you struggling, just remind yourself how important this is. Take care of yourself, and put yourself first so you can take care of the others around you.

Don't have a cruise scheduled for almost 2 years from now, so I'm realistically hoping to get to my goal (about 50 lbs) by then. I'm doing the 10% challenge, but am more focused on maintaining the lifestyle than any time tables. I've yo-yo'd so many times, that I want to do this the right way - slowly and in a way that I can maintain for the long haul.

Keep at it everyone!

To all the newbies.......

ts360na.gif

I have lost the two I was up last week. I got back on program and have been exercixing like mad ( well mad for me). I have been stuck at this 65 lb loss since April. I need to break the cycle somehow.

Everyone have a great week.

Hi all. I thought I would give you all encouragement. I had lost 100 pounds on WW, but last March some weight crept on a bit. I went on a cruise last July and put on more. I was 10 pounds over, but I caught myself and have lost 4 pounds of the ten I gained. I have six to go which is very hard to do. When I started WW I hit the gym at the same time. I have stayed commited to exercise which helps a great deal. I can actually say I am now obsessed with exericise. At close to 230 pounds I could barely move around the machines, but now I am doing classes like the spin class and kick boxing. I'm actually happy with my tone body for the first time in a long time. To all you struggling, just remind yourself how important this is. Take care of yourself, and put yourself first so you can take care of the others around you.

Thanks I know the secret to keeping it off is excersice and just need to do it!!

Thanks for your advise and encouragement.

To all the newbies.......

ts360na.gif

I have lost the two I was up last week. I got back on program and have been exercixing like mad ( well mad for me). I have been stuck at this 65 lb loss since April. I need to break the cycle somehow.

Everyone have a great week.

Kim 65 is a great achievement - :)

I finally moved a little bit further down, it seems like it is slow and I am sticking to the points and journalling everything so I guess slow and steady is the way my body wants to do it. I'm half way to where I want to be so I guess it is better than where I was:D :eek:

Does anybody here do their tracking and journaling using WW's on-line tools? I have been doing it, and aside from a 5 day period when I was out of town, I've journaled everything I've eaten for the last 4 months. I think that the the on-line tools are a big part of the reason I have done such a good job tracking, and the tracking is the reason I've managed to average over 2 lbs/week. Their program that includes a monthly meeting pass and on-line tools is pretty reasonably priced ($30/mo, I think).

Does anybody here do their tracking and journaling using WW's on-line tools? I have been doing it, and aside from a 5 day period when I was out of town, I've journaled everything I've eaten for the last 4 months. I think that the the on-line tools are a big part of the reason I have done such a good job tracking, and the tracking is the reason I've managed to average over 2 lbs/week. Their program that includes a monthly meeting pass and on-line tools is pretty reasonably priced ($30/mo, I think).

I track on my own and write everything down everyday. I haven't signed up for the etools.

Hi, I am Sandy and I use E-tools along with the monthly member pass, I pay $40 and I think it is well worth every penny!! I love the etools and not having to worry about paying at a meeting. although I have slipped off program simce July4th I am still not giving up, I just need to get that want to "BACK"!! This board is great with the encouragement, thanks!

My "NOW" goal of course is my first 10%!! Good luck to everyone for a great OP week!!!

Hi, Sandy -

I ran across something recently that might help you get back on track:

If you're headed in a negative direction, getting back on track may seem hopelessly out of reach. Yet by taking just three steps you can completely change your prospects for the better.

Take one positive step, and you'll stop moving backwards. Take a second positive step, and you'll begin moving forward.

Then take the third step in a positive direction, and suddenly you've established real momentum. From that point, each successive positive effort comes more naturally and easily.

No matter how low you may be, at any point you are just three steps away from a whole different outlook. Just three small, positive actions can get you headed solidly in a new, empowering direction.

In addition, taking three positive steps will give you a real sense of commitment. These actions will get you quickly and firmly invested in your own success.

Wherever you are now, you are just three steps away from being well on your way to whatever goal you choose. Now is indeed the best time to act .

-- Ralph Marston

E TOOLS IS WONDERFUL!!! Use it everyday. I believe I keep track better that way than doing it manually. The price is right too!

Total weight loss since June 1 is 15.2 lbs. Six more weeks till our cruise. My birthday is next week. Hope to maintain and not gain!!

Good luck everyone. I love reading the posts.

E TOOLS IS WONDERFUL!!! Use it everyday. I believe I keep track better that way than doing it manually. The price is right too!

Total weight loss since June 1 is 15.2 lbs. Six more weeks till our cruise. My birthday is next week. Hope to maintain and not gain!!

Good luck everyone. I love reading the posts.

Great that it is working for you and that is a great loss since June:)

Now I prefer tracking in my book, I write down what I ate, my points, count my fruit/veg, even go thru weeks where I will record my fiber intake to see where I'm at and can write how I feel.

BUT the thing I love the most is I have all the extra $$ to spend on my cruising fixation!!!:D

but not cruise critics or ww. I lost about 30 lbs a few years back and have slowly put it back on. On my cruise last nov i took out my to die for red dress and couldn't zipper it!! UGH!! I joined WW a few weeks ago and have lost 8 lbs so far. I am at 165 and want to get down to 145 (that's is when I looked good in the dress) I would actually like to get down to 135 - but i don't see that happening - so I am aiming for 145. I sail in 121 days - so i have 17 weeks to lose 20 lbs - which i know is doable if i stick to the plan. I just seem to have the hardest time writting down what i eat. I am really good about it the day after the meeting - but that's about it.

The last time i lost the weight i was also taking phentramine (LOVED IT) but i am going to try to do it on my own - it took me forever to break the habbit of taking those pills and don't want to go thru that again.

I am slowly reading through the posts on this thread - there is a lot of wonderful info here.

Thanks -

Kathy

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and feel like a cling on but I'm back at WW. I did the program for a short time last year and thought after getting all the info I could go it alone. Hah! not a chance. I went back 6 weeks ago and weighed in higher than when I first started WW last year. So far I've lost almost 7 pounds but it's the wine on the weekends that kills me.

We are going on a cruise Nov 9/2008 so at least I now have a goal to shoot for.

pmatch

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and feel like a cling on but I'm back at WW. I did the program for a short time last year and thought after getting all the info I could go it alone. Hah! not a chance. I went back 6 weeks ago and weighed in higher than when I first started WW last year. So far I've lost almost 7 pounds but it's the wine on the weekends that kills me.

We are going on a cruise Nov 9/2008 so at least I now have a goal to shoot for.

pmatch

Hi, pmatch -

So many people think that if they learn the points system and follow that, then they are doing WW. Not so!! It really is a lifestyle - and there is so much more to it than following points or core. The good health guidelines, the tools for success, exercising, the support, the meetings - - I have found all of these to be important to me.

Anyway, good luck with this - if you work the program, the program will work for you.

Welcome to the new guys,

I weighed in yesterday I am back in the right direction this week lost 1.2 but still gotta make up for the other lb I gained last week!!

The 4th of July really got me!!

Well we leave in about 73 days, my goal is at least 15 more lbs!!

Good luck to everyone and keep posting all this great movating stuff!!

Have a great day!!

had my official weigh in yesterday and lost a pound for a total of 29.6 in 15 weeks. My "run" of consecutive losses is intact.

Last night was tough - lunch at an Indian restaurant and dinner at a Japanese restaurant. I made the healthiest choices I could (Saag Paneer - yogurt & spinach - at lunch and sushi at dinner), but tough to calculate the points. I estimate I dipped into my WPA by 8.

had my official weigh in yesterday and lost a pound for a total of 29.6 in 15 weeks. My "run" of consecutive losses is intact.

Last night was tough - lunch at an Indian restaurant and dinner at a Japanese restaurant. I made the healthiest choices I could (Saag Paneer - yogurt & spinach - at lunch and sushi at dinner), but tough to calculate the points. I estimate I dipped into my WPA by 8.

Indian is a hard one to eat and stay within your points and DH and I love it but I cannot go as will will want Korma and that is way way to many points:D

I do make it at home using the TJ sauce and add lots of veggies etc and their sauce isn't high pointwise.

Great job on the losses all.

Archived