Sun??

flowy

Thinking of booking the Sun for the end of June to Alaska but I understand there is no indoor pool on the ship. Anyone know about the ship/pool/June sailing to Alaska? Thanks, Fran

The pool should be warm enough on some days to use, and too cool on other days. Take your swim suits, just don't expect to swim in the pool every day.

By the way, there's plenty of hot tubs aboard if the pool gets too cool.

I'm laughing here at this discussion. We took the Sun's southbound repo last September 25. As this trip was continuing on across the Panama Canal there was a great variety of nationalities among the passengers. By that time of year the weather was sunny but probably only about 16c maximum each day (maybe 60f?). You could tell the Mexicans by their turtlenecks and mittens. You could tell the Canadians because we were all in the pool!:D Too cold is really in the eye (or gooseflesh) of the beholder. Thanks for the fun memories!

Happy Sailing...

Annette

Yes, well I am from New York originally so I was thinking probably a couple of pretty jogging (pants) gear and I probably will be dressed. Did this trip in early September and it was too cold to even sit outside. I am hoping that we can go outside on this one!

I'm laughing here at this discussion. We took the Sun's southbound repo last September 25.

Sorry to hijack flowy's thread here. But we are booked for the Sun's West Coast Repo this September, Annette! Have you posted a review somewhere about your experience? Specifically, do you happen to recall if there was a Murder Mystery Dinner on your repo?

Hi There,

Yes, I did post a review of our trip (Just Back From the Sun - try searching my screen name) in early October, 2005. The itinerary was a little different last year as it was a 5 day. There was no Murder Mystery Dinner. Long story short - as a RCCL cruiser, I found that NCL was all about the dining, which is o.k. in it's self, but does leave a deficit in activities and recreation. All in all though, we were pleasantly surprised by NCL and the Sun had the friendliest, most hospitable and hardworking crew I've ever encountered, bar none. Those people try really hard!:D

Happy Sailing

Annette

Archived