Lunch after check-in?

LMPego

How late are the restaurants open for lunch on the first day? We get to the airport at 1:00, so by the time we get on the boat I'll be starving.

The actual restaurant won't be open until the evening meal. However all the food stations on the Lido deck will be open and will serve, I think, until 8 p.m. or so. Not all stations may be open all the time. Carnival does have 24 hour pizza. But you will be able to eat at the buffet or one of the other food stations on the Lido deck - so don't worry you won't have to wait until the evening meal.

When we boarded the Inspiration last year, there were a number of choices for lunch - buffet, deli, pizza, salad bar. There was something for the pickiest eater (my DH)!:rolleyes: He is very picky about sauces, veggies, and certain meats - but he was never at a loss for something to eat!

And if nothing on the buffet looks good to you ..... go back to your room and order room service... great sandwiches...... you will never be hungry ...... oh yeah and if nothing else find the free ice cream....LOL

I don't know where you are flying to, but if flying in a day ahead is an option..I sure would think about it. With the delays in Florida caused by the fires etc., aircraft mechanical failure and weather delays, going in a day ahead is a good idea these days.

Once you're on board, head to the Lido deck. You'll find the Lido buffet serving lunches from several different stations. You'll be able to choose from several different types of food. pizza, burgers&dogs, salads, deli sandwhiches, yogarts & ice cream, etc.

Typically they are open right up until the time of the muster drill which usually takes place right before, or just after the ship sails.

Don't worry, you won't go hungry. (remember there's always room service too) (you'll find a room service menu on your desk).

Before you know it . . . it will be time to go to dinner:-)

In fact, they encourage you to eat on a cruise ship. They are always telling you where food is, even at midnight. Non-stop food. I find it amazing that at the tip of our fingers, we can literally get anything to eat. Amazingly, as a country, we eat so much, and I feel guitly doing it, and we are a gross country, the amount of food we eat is absurd. 80% of the globes food. I'm not sure if that still holds true today, but that was a couple of years ago.

Cotton, I was getting hungry until you mentioned the dreaded muster drill!:p

I think the Mustard drill is to see how fast you can get a hot dog and get mustard on it!!!

Archived