Hotel question in Miami

Our flight gets in late on Saturday night around 10:30 p.m., (this will be 11:30 our time zone) I figured by the time we retrieved our luggage it would be late, so I had made reservations for a hotel near the airport. Another poster had suggested that it was really worth the effort to stay much nearer the port so wouldn't have much travel time on Sunday. What do you all think, would it be harder to travel closer to the port late at night or the next morning. I want to do whatever makes the trip easier. Your suggestions would greatly be appreciated, thanks!!!!

The port is not that far from the airport (20 minutes drive as I remember), and personally, I would just go to the nearest hotel and flop! In the morning, you'll have plenty of time to get to the port, and be much more rested!

I agree. I have taken a cab from the airport to the pier and it is 15 minutes top from the airport. Now Miami rush hour can slow you down some but if your ship leaves on Sunday, you should have no real problems. Even from the airport you are only 15 minutes away from the pier.

Archived