Cruising out of New Brooklyn Terminal - Red Hook

JAKE3337

We are leaving out of the new Brooklyn - Red Hook Cruise terminal. Live in Canada and are driving down the day before. Where can we stay that is inexpensive (Newark?) and park during our 10 day cruise. I believe it will cost $180 to park at the cruise ship terminal in Red Hook. Any information about where to stay, what to do that night and where to park during the cruise would be appreciated. :confused: Thanks :)

We are leaving out of the new Brooklyn - Red Hook Cruise terminal. Live in Canada and are driving down the day before. Where can we stay that is inexpensive (Newark?) and park during our 10 day cruise. I believe it will cost $180 to park at the cruise ship terminal in Red Hook. Any information about where to stay, what to do that night and where to park during the cruise would be appreciated. :confused: Thanks :)

Parking is expensive in the greater NYC area for a reason; space is at a premium. Be very wary of hotels that offer free parking. Most charge.

Cruising out of New York and staying in New Jersey isn't a good idea. My suggestion would be to stay in New York. There is a very nice Marriott in Brooklyn.

Parking at the ship terminal is your best bet unless you are very familiar with the area.

Welcome to the boards. This is a bad idea. You would still need to take taxi to the pier, unless the hotel would provide free transfers(ha ha never happen). Since it so expensive to stay or park in NYC I would plan to drive to about Albany the day before and then drive the rest of the way(its about a 4-5 hour drive from Albany). I would think you might want to see some of the sights in NYC. The other way is to take Amtrak and then Cab to the pier.

Archived